A Message In the Sky
Ever wish you could just have a quiet conversation with the Lord?
You need to hear from Him — and you almost wish He would just write a message to you in the sky.
The fact is that He has spoken – and He is speaking – and there is a message from Him just for you …
I have been out walking with God in the desert a lot lately. So many summer mornings have been magnificent displays of God’s glory. I read my Bible out there alone in the solitude of the early morning sunrise. And I capture – with my cameras – glimpses of His majesty as He paints the sky with light and color weaving His beauty across the desert landscape of the sand and mountains. I see His intricate attention to the finest details of color, shape, and design.
God gives a message in the sky. Here’s what the psalmist said in Psalm 19:1-6 NLT —
In the observation of His handiwork, I find encouragement from Him again to trust all He says in His Word.
- He promises that He “causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them” (Romans 8:28 NLT).
- He promises that He “will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right” (Psalm 84:11 NLT).
- He promises that He “will work out His plans for My life” (Psalm 138:8 NLT).
- He promises that He “will strengthen you and help you” (Isaiah 41:10 NLT).
He promises … again and again. He promises.
Sometimes it’s not as easy to trust the truth of what God is saying in those magnificent promises. We need to let them sink in and give them our full attention. When the wind is raging long and the heat is turned up to high, then we begin to panic. We imagine every possible scenario in our circumstance and perhaps wonder if we can make it through. This is the time to step back and remember all God’s promises. Think on Who God is and all that He can do. Remind yourself that God has something on His mind that you have not yet imagined.
I love what I read recently in Corrie ten Boom’s book, Each New Day, that “God has no problems, only plans.” Those words are profound to me. What if the things we worry about are very small in the grand scheme of eternity and the kingdom of God? What if we are spending way too much time thinking on temporal things and need to turn our gaze to Jesus and trust Him anew with the things that are weighing us down? It’s not easy when responsibilities are very much in our face, so to speak. But none of those responsibilities are too much for our Lord. He has an answer and strength for every single thing that comes our way. So we must ask ourselves, “What does God have on His mind? What is His plan? How does He want to use me today where He has placed me?”
So today, dear friend, go back to all those promises and given them your full attention. Hear the message of the skies as they “display His craftsmanship” and “proclaim the glory of God” (Psalm 19:1 NLT). And then TRUST — total reliance under stress and trial1. Watch your Lord with eager expectation for His presence and power in your life today, tomorrow, and always. May you experience His grace and peace as a time of refreshing from His presence washes over you today.
God bless you dear friend, as you continue on in the great adventure of knowing Him.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: A Message In The Sky
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: On a desert morning sunrise myPhotoWalk with the Lord in Palm Desert, California, USA, I captured this big sky landscape.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 08/19/14
- Camera: Nikon D800E, 24.0-120.0 mm, Focal Length 24.0 mm, f/8.0, 5 Bracketed EXP, ISO 100.
- Photoshoot: Morning Quiet Time PhotoShoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software, MacPhun Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.