The Place I Love
Do you have a quiet place where you can retreat to renew and refresh?
A place where you can draw near and walk and talk with your Lord?
The psalmist knew of this place when he wrote in Psalm 46:4-5 —
I love these words today. And in the midst of Psalm 46, a psalm about many tumultuous changes and life experiences, God speaks and says, “Cease striving and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth” (Psalm 46:10).
When you step away and draw near to God in the quiet place, your view of God will be renewed and you will see His greatness and glory. And you will trust Him again and again as you step out from your quiet place.
When I was in the midst of writing my new A Quiet Time Experience, Walk On Water Faith, recently released by Quiet Time Ministries, I was led by the Lord to step away at times and walk with Him in prayer and meditation in the beauty of His creation. I grabbed my camera and tripod and captured views of the waves and ocean there at Corona del Mar near Newport Beach, California. I love this place. And when I am in this place a few different times each year, I walk alone with the Lord here, early in the morning. This particular day was a wonderful time of refreshing in the midst of writing a new book of quiet times. I cherish these amazing times with the Lord.
I believe we all need to find quiet places we love where we can draw near to the Lord and walk intimately with Him. Look for the quiet place wherever you are. Ask the Lord to take you there. He is amazingly creative and pours out mercy and grace there in the quiet place.
So dear friend, I pray we will all take time today to find renewal and refreshment with the Lord in a quiet place.
God bless you dear friend, as you continue on in the great adventure of knowing Him.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: The Place I Love
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: On myPhotoWalk with the Lord at the Corona Del Mar beach near Newport Beach, CA, USA, I stood on the sand with camera and tripod and captured the waves of God’s majestic ocean.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 6/21/14
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 80.0-400.0 mm, Focal Length 80.0 mm (effective 120.0mm on cropped sensor), f/5.0, 1/160sec, ISO 100.
- Photoshoot: Daytime myPhotoWalk in Newport Beach, CA, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.