WOW Faith OLS — Introduction Week
How is your faith these days?
That’s the question I want to ask as we begin our 2014—2015 Annual Seasonal Online Bible Study of Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” Another translation says it this way: “For we live by believing and not by seeing” (NLT).
I would like us all to think deeply about how we live and how we walk in life. Are we wrapped up in only what we can see with our physical eyes — the circumstances, people, problems, troubles, jobs, work, and responsibilities? Or have we experienced the amazing walk of faith on top of the water of circumstances and troubles — the eternal perspective where we see and experience God’s power in our lives?
I’m excited to study God’s Word together with you and grow in my own ability to walk on water with my faith.
I captured this Snowy White Egret walking on the water just after sunrise on a nearby golf course lake in Palm Desert, California, with my Nikon D7000, hand held with some excitement, determination, and scanning each shot. I watched mesmerized as these Egrets flew back and forth across the water, playing with the surface by dancing on it, dragging their feet across the waves. Of course, I captured as many photos as I possibly could of this unique wonder. And I gave God a standing ovation. And I smile just now thinking about how wonderful it is to experience God’s power in the midst of difficulties in life.
I invite you to get ready for God to work in your heart, change the way you think with His Word, fill you with the power of His Spirit, and literally transform your life. I can’t wait to see what the Lord is going to do in our lives!
Dear friend, get ready for the adventure of your life and may we all experience the victory that overcomes the world — our faith (1 John 5:4).
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read the Introduction Chapter from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God, write your Letter to the Lord, and study Week 1, Days 1-3, Faith When The Wind Blows Hard. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. In our first week of study on faith we are going to go out on the Sea of Galilee with the disciples and experience a storm in the fourth watch of the night. We will begin to see what faith really is and how necessary it is for us in the storms of life. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 1, 2014.
As we begin, I invite you to introduce yourself. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s begin the journey of Walk On Water Faith.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
Share your own thoughts about the difference between walking by faith and walking by sight. You might include thoughts about why walking by faith is sometimes difficult. What are the challenges in walking and living by faith? And why are you looking forward to this study and how will growing in your ability to walk by faith help you right now in your life?
- Title: Walking On The Water
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Snowy White Egret walking on the water at a sunny golf course lake in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 01/04/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 70-300mm – FL 280.0mm, ISO 160 f11.0 1/80.
- Photoshoot: Early morning myPhotoWalk Photoshoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?