WOW Faith OLS — Week One #1
Where are you in your faith journey?
As you have begun to think about faith and its importance in your life, your study this week in Walk On Water Faith is designed to help you see where you are in your faith.
What is faith? We looked at two definitions. The short definition is that “faith is taking God at His Word.” When you realize that faith takes God at His Word, then you see just how important God’s Word is in your life. You need to know what He says, if you are going to launch out in faith and take Him at His Word. So it is imperative to be living in God’s Word and then act on what God says.
But then, there are those circumstances that are seemingly impossible. You know the ones I’m talking about. You are depending on the God of the impossible to work out His plan in spite of the times where are just no earthly answers. This is when you need to walk on water with your faith.
This kind of faith grows best in storms where the wind is blowing hard. And in those storms you will gain a new view of Jesus. You will see that He is indeed everything you need for every circumstance of life. And sometimes you don’t realize He is every thing you need until He is everything you have.
The Streams in the Desert devotional reading in Day 1 defines faith well.
Genuine faith, according to Mrs. Charles Cowman in Streams in the Desert, is “Believing and declaring what God has said, stepping out on what appears to be thin air and finding solid rock beneath your feet.” As we have been looking on at Peter and watching how he got out of the boat, we need to imagine just what it must have been like for him to find himself walking on water toward Jesus.
Let’s begin to pray together that God will give us the ability to walk on water with our faith, eyes fixed on Jesus, and standing strong in the storm even when the winds blow hard.
Remember that “we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7) and the victory that overcomes the world is our faith (1 John 5:4).
I’m excited to study God’s Word together with you and grow in my own ability to walk on water with my faith.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 1, Days 4-7 Faith When The Winds Blow Hard from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. As we continue on in Week 1 of Walk On Water Faith, we are going to look at the times when our faith is challenged and the object of our faith. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
As we begin, I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 1, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How would you define faith? And where do you need faith the most in your life right now? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Lord My Rock
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: The Virgin River at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/06/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 18.0mm, ISO 160 f11.0, 3 Bracketed Exposure.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?