WOW Faith OLS — Week One #2
What is life like outside the boat?
Maybe you’ve gotten out of the boat so to speak, with your faith. And you are discovering there are some rough waters out there.
This week in your study of Walk On Water Faith you saw through the life and experience of Peter that there are challenges to your faith. Yours is an objective faith and the thing that will help your faith the most is time alone with God in His Word. Why? Because then your view of God will grow and your view of your circumstances will shrink. Instead of falling into doubt with your little faith, you will have a mustard seed faith that can move mountains.
As you learned this week —
Life outside the boat will often mean there is no visible means of support and no earthly reason for success. “We walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). So what can you see by faith, that you cannot see with your sight? You can see all that is promised in the Word of God. In the Bible you learn that the Lord is your only hope, your rock and your refuge. He promises to provide and protect. If things are not turning out the way you’d like in life, then the best thing you can do is draw near to the Lord, open His Word, and talk with Him. In fact, pour out your heart to Him. You will discover that His ways are higher than yours, and His design and story for your life includes things you would never have included. If that thought is striking fear in your heart, think again. Remember that God is good, compassionate, and kind and He does have a future and a hope for you. He is writing a much great story with your life than you would have ever dreamed of writing. One of the great secrets is trusting His Person and His promises in the trials of your life.
A great promise you can always hold on to was in our study of Week One in Walk on Water Faith: “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you” (Deuteronomy 31:8).
There are some amazing experiences for you outside the boat. One of the greatest is the ongoing experience of growing more intimate in your relationship with the Lord. He is the best friend you will ever have. And He is your Lord and Savior. Life outside the boat means the Lord will lead you and guide you. And you will experience real and abundant life — the great adventure of knowing God.
May the Lord continue to teach us all about faith and give us the ability to walk on water in the storms of life.
I’m excited to study God’s Word together with you and grow in my own ability to walk on water with my faith.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 2, Days 1-3 The School of Faith from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 15, 2014.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 1, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How are you doing in getting out of the boat and walking on water with your faith? Is there anything keeping you from getting out of the boat — worry, fear, despair, discouragement? How are you doing in your quiet time with the Lord in His Word these days? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Shelter Of The Lord
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: On the road into Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/06/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 38.0mm, ISO 125 f13.0, 1/50sec.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?