WOW Faith OLS — Week Two #1
How important is the Word of God in your life each day?
How often are you in your Bible, reading and studying, and even lingering long in a verse?
I ask this question because our life of faith and walking on water above and through circumstances counts on God and His Word. If we intend to stand not sink, then we must know and love God’s Word. Simple as that.
“We walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). I have been quoting that verse a lot in the beginning of our study in Walk on Water Faith. And there’s a reason. Because we must become seasoned and practiced in not counting on what we see as we go through our days. In the course of a day we have many challenges, responsibilities, surprises, and concerns. As we consider each one and meet the demands, what is it that forms our view of things? Is it physical sight and feelings only, or do we look through the eyes of the Lord and His Word. Do we see our needs as impossible, or do we realize that God delights in working on the platform of the impossible and do we know that nothing is too hard for Him?
Just last week I wrote out my Philippians 4:19 as my promise for the day in the back of my study book. I lingered long in these great words: “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). I prayed through this promise in regard to a financial need. Then, I got ready for work, got in my car and pulled out of the driveway. Immediately my low tire pressure light came on. I pulled over and saw that one of my tires was indeed low and needed air. I drove to the closest gas station and pulled up to the machine where you pay for air to fill up your tires. There was a guy putting water in his radiator. I smiled and then started looking for quarters. Now keep in mind I really have no idea how to put air in my tires, so this was going to be a whole new adventure for me. My husband always does it and he wasn’t there with me this time. I got out of my car and walked around to the other side. To my surprise, the guy was kneeling down by the tire and filling it up with air! I couldn’t believe it! I told him I thought he might be an angel sent by the Lord! God really does supply all our needs even providing someone to help us put air in our tires!
This week in your study of Walk On Water Faith you thought more deeply about the school of faith. Our great example was the centurion in Luke 7:1-10. I have always loved the example of the centurion for my own faith. He helps us all see that the most important decision we can make after becoming a Christian is our reliance on God’s Word. You see, the centurion already understood the principle of authority and realized that the Word of God is absolutely authoritative in his life. “Just say the word, and my servant will be healed” is what he told Jesus. Oh that is so beautiful. I need to adopt that phrase as I count on all the Lord says in my own life. “Just say the Word” — and He has said the Word from Genesis to Revelation. Oh what a gift we have from the Lord in the Bible. His Word is “living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).
As you learned this week —
These are words of encouragement for all of us as we enter into the school of faith with our Lord Jesus. He has many adventures ahead. And oh, how we need the Word of God every moment of the day.
May the Lord continue to make us faith walking people and help us learn to walk on water in the storms of life.
I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 2, Days 4-7 The School of Faith from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 22, 2014.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 2, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How did the centurion encourage you in your faith this week? What did you learn from His example? In Luke 7:9 we see that Jesus was amazed at the centurion’s faith. Where in your life right now do you need the kind of faith that will amaze Jesus? What promise will encourage great faith in your life today? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Glory of Christ
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A view through trees in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 24.0mm, ISO 125 f22.0, 1/6sec.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?