WOW Faith OLS — Week Two #2
How do you handle the tests of faith?
Maybe you’ve noticed that some tests are a breeze and others — not so much.
Remember the tests you took in school? Some were easier than others. And when you studied the right material, you were more prepared. And most of the time, you did better on the test. There is great value in a test. It shows how well you are doing and where you need work.
And so it is in the tests of life. Tests try you and they teach you.
A test tries you in that it lets you know where you are in your faith. It teaches you in that it helps you understand how to live life.
A perfect example is how God worked in the lives of His people when He led them in the desert. Think about these words in Deuteronomy 8:1-3 —
God showed His people how well they were doing in obeying His Word. Then, He taught them the importance of living by faith in His Word.
I have discovered that the desert experiences of life are often the very best places to hear God speak. It’s quiet and still out in the desert. There are no distractions and I can more easily focus on the Lord. And oh, there is much beauty out there in the desert. I love watching the sun rise and light up every area of the landscape.
Job spoke some powerful words in the midst of his own fiery trial. “But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold” (Job 23:10).
Job’s words are a great promise for you today if you find yourself in the midst of a trial that is testing your faith. You can know that you will come forth as gold.
May the Lord continue to make us faith walking people, keep us strong in the midst of the tests of our faith, and help us learn to walk on water in the storms of life.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment over the next two weeks is to read and study Week 3, Days 1-3 The Gallery of Faith from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, December 06, 2014.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 2, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
What is God teaching you right now in your own faith tests? What promise encouraged you the most this week? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: Coming Forth As Gold
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Views of the Virgin River and The Great White Throne at Big Bend in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 18.0mm, ISO 160 f11.0, 3 bracketed exposure.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?