WOW Faith OLS — Week Three #1
Have you ever felt as though the trial kept going and going, seeming never to come to an end?
And in your heart of hearts, you wondered … how can I make it?
The book of Hebrews is such a great response to just such an experience in life. For it is a sermon written to people who are losing their confidence and have need of new strength. The words to weary, worn-out believers are, “Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised” (Hebrews 10:35-36).
In Week 3, Days 1-3 of our study of Walk On Water Faith, we began our journey into Hebrews 11, God’s Gallery of Faith. How did the heroes of faith make it when the storm kept raging and they grew weary and tired? As the writer of Hebrews takes us into this great gallery and shows us portraits of heroes of the faith, we are going to see how these heroes were able to make it through. And we will be encouraged that we can do it too!
We need to remember that we walk by faith not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). And how can we exercise our faith when we are brought to a place where, as Oswald Chambers so brilliantly shares, all conscious blessings are withdrawn? Then, and only then, will we truly learn faith. These are difficult words to comprehend, and to actually live out. We really want sight-living so often, probably more than we care to admit. I think one of the reasons the heroes of the faith encourage us is because they experienced those times when the they had only God and His Word to encourage their faith. There was no earthly reason to have joy, confidence, or hope. It was God and God alone. It’s been said that you don’t realize the Lord is all you need until He is all you’ve got.
We need to recognize that the time of trial is the time for a faith that gets out of the boat and walks on water. These are the times for our faith in God and His Word to shine. And it must brightly shine. God always keeps His promises. So it is absolutely vital that we know God’s Word and hold it closely to our heart.
I love these words by Alan Redpath —
Aren’t those great words to encourage you to open your Bible and hear the Word of the Lord for whatever you are facing today!
May the Lord continue to make us faith walking people and help us learn to walk on water in the storms of life.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 3, Days 4-7 The Gallery of Faith from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. We are going to have several weeks for this assignment in light of the Christmas holidays and celebration. You may want to review the last few weeks of study and if you miss any days, you can use this time to catch up. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, January 10, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 3, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How can you relate to the challenge of faith when it seems like the trial goes on forever? What have you learned from your study this week that will help you stand strong in your faith? Who was your favorite hero of the faith as you read through Hebrews 11 this week. What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: Eternal Weight of Glory
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: The majestic landscape of Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 35.0mm, ISO 640 f4.5, 1/125sec.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software, MacPhun Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?