WOW Faith OLS — Week Three #2
When I graduated from seminary, I felt a sense of relief as well as accomplishment. I said out loud to myself, “Just think! No more tests!” Oh how wrong I was! The Lord immediately brought to mind the truth about our journey in life. There are tests of faith that are truly the real and valuable tests.
I wonder if you are experiencing a test of faith right now? How can you tell?
Usually the testing of your faith involves a trial. Trials come in many forms and depths. Some are seemingly easier than others. And some are just simply impossible and overwhelming. Whatever your trial, your faith is being tested and you are promised a positive outcome in the test. What you are experiencing will produce endurance in your life. James tells us, “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance” (James 1:2-3).
Oh how wonderful it is to have endurance. When you are able to endure, you can make it through anything. You will experience the victory of faith in your trial.
In Week 3, Days 4-7 of our study of Walk On Water Faith, we continued our journey into Hebrews 11, God’s Gallery of Faith. We saw how the heroes of the faith were tested and how valuable the promises of God were to them in the heat of their trials.
What we learned from them we need to remember in our own lives. When we are tested, we need to grab God’s promises just like they did. We will discover how much power there is in the promises of God. God’s promises never grow stale; they are always new, as D.L. Moody so wisely observed in our study this week.
I loved what F.B. Meyer wrote in Tried By Fire —
Oh friend, don’t those words encourage you for those times when your faith is tested. Just think how important you and your faith are to your Lord. Oh how He loves you. He is holding you close to His heart even now and will be the strength and power you need to overcome whatever you are facing today.
May the Lord continue to make us faith walking people and help us learn to walk on water in the storms of life.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 4, Days 1-3 The Faith of Abraham — The Friend Of God, from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, January 17, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 3, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How is your faith being tested and how is God encouraging you in the midst of the test? What are you learning from your study that helps you in the tests of faith? What promise encourages you in your test of faith just now? And what hero of the faith from Hebrews 11 can you relate to the most and helps you in your trial? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Magnificent Promises Of God
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: The majestic rainbow of trees of Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 12-24mm – FL 19.0mm, ISO 160, f14.0, 3 Bracketed EXP.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?