WOW Faith OLS — Week Four #1
How are you walking in life — by faith or by sight?
This question speaks to the heart of our journey with the Lord during our time on earth. When we step into heaven, we will be face to face with our Lord. And in that moment, our faith will become sight.
I have been thinking a lot about this lately as I have lived in the many faith verses included in our study of Walk on Water Faith. I have been asking myself, “Catherine, do you walk and live by faith or by sight?”
I wonder if we all realize just how essential the Word of God is for our moment by moment relationship with our Lord? His Word is like a lighthouse for ships caught in the most impenetrable fog. Sometimes it is as though the windows of life are painted black and we are forced to fly only by instruments.
This week in our study of Week Four, Days 1-3 in Walk on Water Faith we began our study of the faith life of Abraham. He heard God speak and he believed God. God asked him to leave his home and all earthly security to go to a land that God was going to show him. And Hebrews 11:8-10 shows us the response of Abraham —
If I could ask Abraham one question, I would ask, “Abraham, what promise was the most important one for you, that helped you go out, even though you didn’t know where you were going?” Oh, I think it will be so exciting and interesting to hear all that Abraham will say if I get to ask him in heaven.
The Lord has shown me in our study that Abraham’s faith continued, day by day, through his way of life. He never lived in a permanent home. Instead, he lived as a nomad in a tent because he knew his real home was in heaven — a home designed by God and a place where Abraham would live with his Lord forever. The text tells us that Abraham was “confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations.”
How confident are you in the promises God has given you in His Word? The longer you live in and focus on His promises for you, the more confident you will become. Clearly, the things of this world are fleeting. The Bible tells us, “The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever” (Isaiah 40:8 NLT). You can count on all that the Lord says.
So today, I encourage you to live with the kind of faith demonstrated by Abraham. Confidently hold to God’s promises and walk by faith in them, moment by moment, until you reach your grand destination — heaven.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 4, Days 4-7 The Faith of Abraham — The Friend Of God, from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, January 24, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 4, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
What did you learn from the faith of Abraham? How can you relate to the challenges experienced by Abraham? If you could ask Abraham one question, what would it be? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: Soul Revival
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Shooting through a sea of flowers in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 85mm – FL 85.0mm, ISO 10, f22.0, 1/15.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?