WOW Faith OLS — Week Five #2
What is on the heart of God today?
That’s a question I often ask myself when sitting alone in quiet time with Him.
How can we know what is on the heart of God?
Open the pages of His Word and you will know Him more — His heart, thoughts, and character.
One thing I see again and again about the Lord is that more than anything He wants us. God desires an intimate, ongoing, vibrant relationship with you and with me.
In Jeremiah 9:23-24 we are given a glimpse into God’s heart through these words —
God has spoken, dear friend. And in these words one thing is clear. The Lord delights in our desire to draw near and truly know Him.
Do you know Him? Are you drawing near to Him, opening the pages of His Word, with one deep passionate desire — to know Him?
In our study this week in Walk On Water Faith of Week 5, Days 4-7, we read and studied more about the life of Moses in Exodus 33 and 34. These are powerful passages of Scripture. One thing stood out about Moses. He longed to know God.
Think on the words of Moses’ prayers and God’s response —
I think this is one of those powerful conversations between God and man in all of Scripture. I wonder what would happen in our lives if we will bow low before the Lord and pray these mighty prayers of Moses: Lord, let me know Your ways, that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight. Lord, show me Your glory!
Oh, I think something powerful can happen when we pray such words. For just a moment, God pulled down the shades, so to speak, and gave Moses a glimpse of His glory. What if the same thing happened in our relationship with God? We would experience life-changing, Holy Spirit-empowered transformation. I believe that God is looking for men and women who will long for Him, who desire to see His glory, and who will make Him known to others in the world. That is one of the great lessons learned from Moses — a longing for intimacy with God and a desire to make Him famous.
So today, cease striving, and as God has said in Psalm 46:10, know that He is God. Make knowing Him your great goal and desire. Everything else will follow. You will trust Him more, love Him greater, follow Him closer, and obey Him better.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 6, Days 1-3 The Faith of the Judges from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, February 14, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 5, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How does Moses help you want to know God more? What is the most important thing you have learned from the life of Moses? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: Draw Near To God
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Driving along we saw this deer and stopped to capture some images in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/06/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 70-300mm – FL 240.0mm, ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/40.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?