WOW Faith OLS — Week Six #1
Do you ever feel like the battle you face exceeds your resources?
Do you feel as though God is asking something from you that is just seemingly impossible?
If you are in that situation, then you are in the place where God can accomplish the impossible. Get ready for something outside the realm of your own known resources and possibilities.
In our study this week in Judges we saw that God just loves to accomplish the impossible through weak people. In fact, sometimes He moves circumstances so that the situation is even more impossible today than it was yesterday.
We saw the Lord use Barak to defeat mighty enemies. And the beautiful thing about it all is that we saw Barak’s faith grow in the midst of his challenges. He was afraid to go fight one of the enemies and ended up more courageous to fight the greatest enemy of all. How is that ever possible? Because God grows our faith. We learn to rely on our great and mighty God in the midst of our circumstances.
Where can victory be found in the midst of every battle you face? We learn the secret in 1 John 5:4 —
Always remember that victory is on its way. Just get out of the boat and walk by faith in God’s Word.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 6, Days 4-7 The Faith of the Judges from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, February 21, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 6, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How did your study of the heroes of the faith in the Judges help your own faith in a battle you are facing right now? What is the most important thing you have learned from Deborah, Barak, and Gideon? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Eyes of the Lord
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A great surprise seeing this elk across the Virgin River in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 70-300mm – FL 300.0mm, ISO 160, f/13, 1/10.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?