When Time Stands Still
There are moments in our life experience when time seems to stand still.
It may be the journey of illness, loss, change, or another difficulty that has taken us away from the normal flow of life onto an unfamiliar path.
Has time stood still for you?
In those times, the best thing you can do is hear the words of the Lord in Psalm 46:10 and “be still” and “know” that He is God.
I learned this again last week. My mother suffered a massive stroke. I sat for a week in the hospital with the one who is more than my mother — she is my intimate friend and we are kindred spirits. She loves me purely and wholly. Though she could not speak, she held out her arm and pulled me to her and held me close. She is still with us here on earth now, but I believe soon she will make that journey of stepping from time into eternity, and into the everlasting arms of our precious Lord.
So as I have walked this journey of time standing still, I am learning in a new way to be still and know that my Lord is God.
All His promises are more precious than ever for me.
When time stands still —
- I know that “my times are in Your hands” (Psalm 31:15) I know my mother’s times are in His hands. And you can know that your times are firmly, securely, and completely in His hands.
- I know that “the Lord will accomplish what concerns me” (Psalm 138:8). I know that the Lord will accomplish what concerns my mother. And dear friend, you can know that the Lord will accomplish what concerns you.
- I know that the Lord promises, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). I know He will never leave or forsake my mother. And you can know He will never leave or forsake you.
When time stands still, I know that the Lord tells me —
I can know I don’t need to be afraid. And my mother does not need to be afraid. And dear friend, you do not need to fear. The Lord is with you and He will help you.
I love this myPhotoWalk image I captured of my favorite tree of hope because of how the light glistens on the branches and the rainbow that appears in the clouds. I feel as though sometimes we are like this tree, shaken by the storm, yet standing strong and confident, reaching up to our Lord. And yes, the storm clouds may be all around. But look, there in the midst is the rainbow. Even in the storm, God brings a strength, a confidence, and yes, even His beauty.
When time stands still, draw near to God and all He promises. Stand still, look at Him, and receive His Word deep into your heart. Your emotions may go wild, but your soul stands still, looking at the Lord. And in time, you will see His work as He weaves all things together according to His plan. Our family has experienced His grace many times over these last two weeks.
So dear friend, whenever time stands still for you, be still and know that He is God and that your times are in His hands.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: When Time Stands Still
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A rainbow in the clouds beyond my very favorite tree of hope in Indian Wells, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 02/26/14
- Camera: Nikon D800E, 50.0 mm — FL 50.0 mm, ISO 250, f/16.0, 1/160.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk journey in Indian Wells, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Totally Rad Software, Nik Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.