WOW Faith OLS — Week Seven #2
Do you have questions on your heart today?
And are those questions challenging your faith in some way?
Those questions are the very areas where God is going to take you deeper with Him and grow a greater faith in you.
The same was true for Habakkuk, a great prophet who lived during a difficult time in the history of Israel.
He had questions and he had fears.
It’s one thing to be strong and courageous when the sun is shining. But it’s quite another to be steadfast and faithful when the storm blows your way with a wind that threatens to knock you over.
Habakkuk asked why it seemed like God was taking so long to answer his prayers (Habakkuk 1:2). He wondered why those who were unrighteous seemed to be favored (Habakkuk 1:13).
And yet, Habakkuk knew his God. And God taught him through this deep, dark journey that “the righteous will live by his faith” (Habakkuk 2:4).
In Week 7, Days 4-7 of Walk On Water Faith, we studied the lives of two heroes of the faith — Jeremiah and Habakkuk. Each of these two great men of God lived in difficult times. Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet and Habakkuk was filled with questions. Both were men who learned how to walk and live by faith in the context of difficult times.
Habakkuk comes to a great conclusion as a result of his faith —
Habakkuk came to such a huge by faith conclusion. I want you to see the majesty and magnificence of it. Habakkuk realized that we may not always see the harvest and fruit of our faith. And yet, because God is at work, He is at work in us, transforming us, and making us the men and women He wants us to be. And He is working out His plan for His glory.
I love these amazing verses in Habakkuk. They are powerful promises for our own faith. For perhaps our questions in our own life arise out of disappointments and shattered dreams. Perhaps God is working out a plan that has not yet entered our mind. And just because our own idea did not come to fruition does not mean that God is not at work. Oh yes, He is at work. Count on it. If your plan doesn’t come to pass, open your eyes to a higher and greater plan — a plan designed by God.
Take your questions to the Lord today and get ready to grow deeper in your faith.
Dear friend, I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 8, Days 1-3 The Faith of Jesus and His Followers from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, March 14, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 7, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How did your study of Jeremiah and Habakkuk help you in your own journey of faith? Who was your favorite hero of the faith this week and why? What question in your faith are you asking right now and how might the Lord be growing your faith? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: The Lord Answers You
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: An array of color trees fronting the beautiful rock formations in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/06/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 28.0mm, ISO 160, f/5.6, 3 Bracketed EXP.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?