WOW Faith OLS — Week Eight #1
What do you look forward to in your current life situation?
I have big news for you if you know the Lord.
You have a lot to look forward to even if your present situation feels bleak or difficult.
Jesus is the One who teaches us how to live with a hopeful expectation as we run our race in life.
The writer of Hebrews gives us Jesus’ amazing example for our lives —
Oh I love these words today. One little phrase gives us a big secret — for the joy set before Him.
In Week 8, Days 1-3 of Walk On Water Faith, we studied the faith of Jesus and the joys set before Him and us.
We have so many hopeful promises for our future — healing, well-being, the kingdom, Paradise, a dwelling place in the Father’s house, an inheritance, no more pain or crying or death, and the fact that we will see the face of our Lord.
Oh I love these promises and thinking about them this week filled my heart with hope.
So dear friend, the next time you feel things seem bleak, think about the joy set before you. And rest in the Lord as you live in all those powerful promises that belong to you.
God bless you. I love studying God’s Word together with you.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to read and study Week 8, Days 4-7 The Faith of Jesus and His Followers from Walk On Water Faith — Discovering Power In The Promises of God. You may want to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, March 21, 2015.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 8, Days 1-3 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How did your study of Jesus help you in your own faith? What was most significant to you of all the promises you read about your future? Who was your favorite hero of the faith this week and why? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you this week in your study?
- Title: A Place For You
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A view of colorful trees along the banks of the Virgin River in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/06/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm – FL 18.0mm, ISO 160, f/11.0, 3 Bracketed EXP.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?