WOW Faith OLS — Week Eight #2
Do you ever feel as though life has gone from difficult to impossible?
Your experience is calling for a step of faith that you have never known before. And now you are realizing the necessity and importance of taking that step of faith.
Oswald Chambers has said that “faith is a fight always, not sometimes.” No wonder Paul talked more than once about the fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Timothy 4:7).
Dear friend, those things that are impossible to you are possible with Jesus. Paul experienced strength and power through Christ and was able to say, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). He lived a supernatural, powerful, abundant life as he walked by faith in Christ. And you can too!
When you rely on the strength and power of Christ, you will experience victory in your darkest valleys. And your life will give a message to the world of the greatness and glory of your Lord.
I love the words of Paul as he describes how God works in and through us —
You are that sweet aroma dear friend!
I have loved studying God’s Word together with you in Walk On Water Faith.
We have been privileged to take a journey through so many areas of Scripture and look at the faith of men and women who loved God and walked intimately with Him in their day and time.
And now, the baton has been handed to us in the race marked out for us by Jesus. One of the great secrets to running our race well is to “walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). “This is the victory that overcomes the world—our faith” (1 John 5:4).
As we leave this study, I pray that you and I will experience that victory in Jesus daily, moment by moment.
Warren Wiersbe said it so well in his book about victory in difficult times —
So dear friend, fight the good fight, finish your course, and keep the faith. And may we all hear those words from the Lord when we step from time into eternity, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Then we will know it was worth it all.
God bless you. I look forward to studying God’s Word with you again for our 2015–2016 Annual Seasonal Online Bible Study beginning in October, 2015.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walk On Water Faith — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walk On Water Faith — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walk On Water Faith — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital Walk On Water Faith — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walk On Water Faith — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
I invite you to share your most important insights from Week 8, Days 4-7 and your favorite promise from God’s Word in your study so far. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
What did you learn this week that will help you fight the good fight of faith? Who was your favorite hero of the faith in this study and why? What was your favorite promise from the study? And what was your favorite quote from the devotional reading? How did the Lord answer your prayer written in your letter to Him at the outset of this study? And finally, share the most important truth that God has taught you in your study?
- Title: I Can Do All Things
- Order Custom Walk On Water Faith Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A brave rock climber scaling the face of one of the larger mountains in Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/07/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 70-300mm – FL 300.0mm, ISO 100, f/11.0, 1/10.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Zion National Park, Utah, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, MacPhun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
— Matthew 14:28-31 NASB
Biblical faith is a gift of God. God has given us a measure of faith, according to Romans 12:3. And it is not humanly manufactured but God-given and God-enabled through the power of His Spirit (Galatians 2:20, 5:22). … When Peter realized the Lord was out there walking on the water, he expressed boldness in his faith by asking the Lord to bring him out on the water. How many of us actually dare to dream such majestic feats of faith as Peter did that early morning in the stormy waters?