Beauty In The Desert
Are you in a desert place craving even the smallest encouragement?
Be encouraged — there is much beauty to be discovered in the desert.
Sometimes the Lord does indeed take us through valleys and dry deserts. But we are never alone. He is with us. And, in fact, we enjoy a deeper intimacy with Him as we partake of “the fellowship of His sufferings” (Philippians 3:10).
I recently read a beautiful paragraph from John Henry Jowett’s book, The School of Calvary —
The beauty I discover from Jowett’s writings here is that there is a radical intimacy with Jesus that can only be experienced in the times of difficulty and trial. He is indeed “near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18).
It was past sunrise, but the glow of a new day’s light still reflected off the desert floor. On this early morning, as I walked out in this Phoenix, Arizona desert, my heart burdened for another, yearning for any encouragement, I came upon these radiant yellow flowers pushing their way through the dry, cracked, barren earth. Just seeing these life-affirming flowers so blessed me as I was walking through a very difficult day.
And I believe that’s what happens with us when we walk through a difficult time and experience the nearness of the Lord. He brings beauty and light to our dry, broken hearts.
So today, dear friend, draw near to the Lord in your desert times, and experience the beauty of the nearness of your Lord.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Beauty In The Desert
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A beautiful morning walk out in the desert in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 03/29/15
- Camera: Nikon D800E, 24-120.0 — FL 112.0 mm, ISO 500, f/11.0, 1/50.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk PhotoShoot in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.