Glimpses Of His Glory
There are special moments when you are simply amazed at the beauty of God’s creation.
It may be a beautiful flower, a sunrise over the mountains, or a sunset along the beach. When you experience the beauty, God is giving you a glimpse of His glory. He is the Creator and in His creation we see a design that implies a Designer.
In the Psalms we learn the profound power of God’s creation —
Do you want to hear from God? Do you desire to catch a glimpse of His glory? Then search for a place of beauty and gaze long and hard at God’s creation. You travel a thousand miles to an overseas destination, visit a national park, or just take a walk around your neighborhood. But keep your eyes open for something special the Lord has created. Look at His design and you will be led to worship the Designer — your Lord and God.
I had the great privilege to participate in Nikon legend Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops photo shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA, also attended by none other than beloved pastor, expositor, and photographer, Charles Stanley. I remember standing at the edge of Many Glacier Lake, breathlessly waiting for the sunset — the golden hour. This is the most spectacular time of the day for a photographer as the sun’s reflection glistens on the still water just before the sun vanishes. There was a shimmering soft glow beginning at the mountain tops then suddenly lighting up the clouds in rainbow of color. At once, breathtaking, beautiful, and majestic — intense adoration of God was the call for me in that moment. I’ll never forget it.
So, dear friend, plan some quiet time, take a leisurely photowalk, and search for a glimpse of God’s glory. Then, fall before Him in worship and praise.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Every Good Thing
- Order Custom Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Capturing a magnificent golden hour sunset at Many Glacier, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/15/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000 12.0mm-24.0mm — FL 16.0mm, ISO 100, f/11.0, 1/4sec.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops PhotoShoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.