Reaching Out In Grace
People need the Lord.
I need the Lord and you need the Lord.
We are all created to know Him. And once we enter into a relationship with the Lord, receive Christ, experience forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life, our hearts and lives are forever changed.
How is it possible that we can know the Lord?
Grace has been defined many ways. On of the best ways to understand grace is that it is “God’s riches at Christ’s expense.”
I wrote about grace in my book A Woman’s Walk In Grace —
Grace is why and how we can be saved, forgiven, and live forever in heaven. Paul says in Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
So there I was, strolling the streets of San Francisco on a sponsored myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot, capturing images of fog, flowers, skyscrapers, and dozens of iconic landmarks. And then, at the Chinatown Gate, I suddenly stopped and just watched life happen, one moment at a time.
- A man cleaning streets, nearby pigeons unafraid of his presence eating a scattering of crumbs.
- A young man, perhaps a student with book satchel in tow, crossing the intersection.
- A mailman with a pullcart of letters and packages crossing the street intent on his next delivery.
- Tourists gazing into windows and shoppers hunting for souvenirs.
- Business people entering local restaurants for food and friendship on their lunch hour.
Just a myriad of people in all walks of life going in many different directions.
Time stood still for me.
I thought, “Every single person I am looking at is hungry for God whether they know it or not.”
We are created to be in a relationship with God. Pascal speaks of the heart as an “infinite abyss” that “can be filled only with an infinite and immutable object; in other words by God himself.”
I am passionate to reach out to all around me with God’s grace. His grace gives us everything we need. Paul says, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed” (2 Corinthians 9:8).
So if you are in a place of need right now — any need — large or small — and maybe even an impossible situation — God’s grace can give you more than enough for your life.
So, dear friend, reach out to others in grace today. The grace of God — His free unmerited favor — is everything they need. Then drink in His grace in your own life. You will find that the Lord is more than you knew and He will do immeasurably more than all you can ask or imagine.
God bless you as you continue on in the great adventure of knowing Him.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Grace Finds And Changes Hearts
- Order Custom Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Chinatown Gate, Grant Avenue, Chinatown, San Francisco, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 08/11/15
- Camera: Sony A6000, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, FL 70mm, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/200sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.