A Heart That Hopes OLS — Week Seven
One of the great discoveries in my life’s journey has been the great benefit of God’s help in difficulties and trials.
Sometimes it seems as though I am so alone, and then God steps in and provides help.
Oh what a difference it makes when we are helped.
The great promise is that you and I are never alone. God is with us and He will help us. So the encouragement throughout God’s Word is to cry out to God when we are in distress, being fully assured that we will experience His help, even in impossible situations.
We are not adequate for everything that comes our way, but God is. After all, He is Creator, and He can create something out of nothing.
Psalm 121 has given us great hope about God’s help in this seventh week in our study of A Heart That Hopes In God.
I was so encouraged this week as I lived in this psalm and focused on the personal work of God in my life as my helper, my keeper, and the shade on my right hand. Did you notice the repetition of that personal pronoun “my”? Sometimes the smallest words carry the greatest meaning. He is not just “a keeper”, but He is “my keeper.” Oh I love that promise and have taken it with me everywhere in every situation as I have meditated on the words.
This week I took extra time to go back through Week Seven and write out the big truths I learned from each day of study. Here they are:
- Week Seven, Day 1 — Continually look to the Lord for help every moment (Psalm 25:15).
- Week Seven, Day 2 — God will help me. He promises. I loved the quote that “Help will often come from an unexpected corner of your life. Watch eagerly for your God to answer the cries of your heart.”
- Week Seven, Day 3 — The promise of Psalm 66:12 that God will bring me out into a place of abundance. I loved the word “yet” in this promise. Many things may happen, yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.
- Week Seven, Day 4 — God is personal. Oh yes, He is. He is my shade, my keeper, and guards and watches over me forever. He loves me. This is a fact! I need to always count on this fact.
- Week Eight, Day 5 — God is always watching over me in every situation. This promise of His presence always is such a comfort for me at this time in my life.
So what about you? What has God taught you this week? I encourage you to take some time and look back through your study and choose one big truth from each day in God’s Word.
Never forget that the Lord is your helper. I remember a very difficult time several years ago when I was driving to Lake Havasu City to be with my father who was battling cancer. As I was driving through some mountains, I noticed this beautiful wildlife refuge with a river running through it. I pulled over, parked my car, grabbed my camera and tripod and walked with the Lord for about a half hour capturing images of the beauty. In that time out in God’s creation, the Lord brought comfort to my heart with the beauty of His presence. He truly helped me in that difficult season of life. And I want you to be assured that He will help you in every difficult season as well.
Dear friends, I can hardly believe we are now entering into our last week of study in A Heart That Hopes In God. I’m always a bit sad near the end of a study as I think about all the rich things I’ve learned from God’s Word. But then, I also have a certain excitement looking forward to where the Lord will lead me next in His Word. I am praying even now about the next online study we can do together.
So, dear friend, as you continue on in this last week of study in A Heart That Hopes In God, may the Lord give you countless promises to fill you with a new and greater hope — Holding On with Patient Expectation!
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the A Heart That Hopes In God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the A Heart That Hopes In God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a A Heart That Hopes In God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the A Heart That Hopes In God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 8, Days 1-7, Hope For All Your Needs — Psalm 23. Please feel free to come back here throughout the week to read comments and respond. In our eight week of our study on hope we are going to live in Psalm 23, one of the most beloved psalms of all time, and discover encouraging promises for you no matter what you need in life. These promises are so powerful that you can’t help but experience a new and deeper hope in your Lord. At the end of Week Eight, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Eight message for A Heart That Hopes In God (Viewer Guide, pp225-226) — The Comfort of the Lord – Digital M4V Video or The Comfort of the Lord – Digital MP3 Audio. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
I encourage you to use the words of this prayer from my dear friend, Kelly Wysard, to draw near to God as we study God’s Word together —
May we seek You and serve You with exceeding sweet delight knowing that You alone are drawing us near and making us complete in You. As we open the Word of God and meditate on Your instruction and cling to Your promises, may we become more like You. May we hang on Your every Word for dear life! May Your Word be musical instruction to our ears. May we sing praises treasuring Your glorious revelation one moment at a time on pilgrim’s way. May we have the mind of Christ, dear Father.
Now may the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in believing, so that we will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13). May this hope be as an anchor of the soul (Hebrews 6:19) as we persevere by the encouragement of the Scripture (Romans 15:4).
We ask all this in the name of Jesus Christ the Lord, Amen.
And now, dear friend, let’s share together what God is teaching us in the Comments section of this post as we respond to the Sola Scriptura questions.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
What are the big truths you learned each day this week as you lived in God’s Word? How do you need God as your helper right now in your life? What was the most important truth you learned about God this week? What was your favorite quote, insight, or verse this week in your study?
- Title: The Valley Of Tears
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A expansive view of the Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge near Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 06/25/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 24mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot at Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge near Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Adjust, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.