Something Lovely And True
Sometimes, in the midst of difficult days, you need to turn your gaze away to something lovely and true.
Lovely because it soothes the soul.
True because it informs the heart and mind. And gives you hope.
Recently, I saw a beautiful bouquet of Alstroemerias at the grocery store and I decided to buy them for two reasons — to add a focus of beauty to our kitchen and also to practice some macro photography techniques.
Their beauty gave me pause to think and reminded me of the importance of my focus every day.
Paul speaks to this in Romans 15:4 —
Being in God’s waiting room is probably one of the most difficult things we experience because we can experience insecurity about our future and even discouragement and despair. Even the great Charles Spurgeon experienced these times as is evidenced in the chapter “Giant Despair” in his biography, The Shadow Of The Broad Brim.
For us, the lovely and true is found in God’s Word.
Just bask in the beauty of some great psalms, like Psalm 25, 31, 34, or 62. You will find bits of lovely and true in so many of those words.
I especially love Psalm 62:5-8 today —
These words are lovely and true for us today. God. is your hope, your rock, and your salvation. If you have any need or care today, run to the Lord, for He has every answer.
So today, dear friend, open the pages of God’s Word, find a psalm that feeds your heart and soul, and gaze on the lovely and true.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Something Lovely And True
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Focusing in on a beautiful Alstroemeria in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 06/27/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Micro-Nikkor 200mm, FL 200mm, ISO 100, f/8, 0.8sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software, OnOne Software, Florabella Actions.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.