A Woman’s Heart That Dances OLS — Week One
There are certain truths I keep coming back to again and again in life.
And the metaphor of the dance as a picture of my relationship with the Lord is a very important one.
In Psalm 30:11 we see the picture of the dance as something that can happen even in a time of mourning — “You have turned my mourning into dancing.”
In the first two chapters of A Woman’s Heart That Dances we read about the dance and how our Lord is the one who initiates, always inviting us to lean into His embrace and follow His lead.
No matter how difficult your situation, even now, the Lord is inviting you to dance with Him.
In thinking through the dance, I am realizing more and more that I can always dance with Him — through good times, difficult times, loss, and hardship. Still, we can dance.
I look at this beautiful rose image captured in a Newport Beach garden with my Nikon D810 and Micro-Nikkor 200mm lens. That rose just seems to dance with the folds of its delicate petals reaching out in many directions. It is just always alive, vibrant, and dancing.
We need to be like this rose — always dancing.
Dear friend, this week may you enjoy the beauty and wonder of your Lord, lean in, and yes, may you dance with Him.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- For greater depth, please download the A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF, a key companion resource that includes additional insights, engaging PRAYER™ Quiet Times, and Leader’s Guide Discussion Questions.
- Quiet Time Ministries is pleased to announce the Apple® iBooks Edition release of A Woman’s Heart That Dances: Keeping in Step with God’s Design for You. Catherine Martin choreographs a devotional journey to greater intimacy with God for women who are ready to engage in a moving and powerful dance of relationship and faith. Features include Multi-Touch Design — iBooks App Mac or iBooks App iOS device, eBook Style — full color magazine format, Comprehensive Study Guide — Quiet Times & Discussion Questions, Add Notes & Comments — via Highlight feature, Now you can dance with the Lord everywhere you go, Ideal for individuals and women’s small group studies.
Your assignment this next week is to Chapters 3 and 4 from A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Keeping In Step With God’s Design For You on pp41-71. I think you’ll also enjoy the Optional Online Study Week One – Study Guide: Yes and Partners Quiet Times from the downloadable A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, July 23, 2016.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you read the story of Jenny, could you relate to her experience in any way? Why is the dance such a great metaphor for our relationship with the Lord. How is the Lord asking you and inviting you to dance today?
- Title: Mourning Into Dancing
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A delicate rose in Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/06/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Micro-Nikkor 200mm, FL 200mm, ISO 1600, f/8, 1/5000sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot in Newpoert Beach, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.