A Woman’s Heart That Dances OLS — Week Four
I was strolling through a beautiful garden of roses in the central square of Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village in Sedona, Arizona. I noticed a pale pink rose that was in full bloom and seemingly unabashed in showing off its beauty and color. Nothing held back. And the gentle curves of the petals almost seemed to be dancing under the sun.
We are to be like this flower, open and surrendered to our Lord. Then we, too, can dance with Him.
This week we read about our surrender to the Lord in order to lean in to His embrace. We saw how He then leads us in life, one step at a time.
Paul shared his own heart of surrender to the Lord when he said, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.” That is truly the ultimate surrender — the laying down of our lives in exchange for His life.
Oh there is such beauty in surrender. Just like the beauty in this wide-open rose in full bloom. So too, we bloom and manifest a fragrant aroma when we lay aside ourselves, and lean into His embrace. May you enjoy the beauty and joy of the dance today.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- For greater depth, please download the A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF, a key companion resource that includes additional insights, engaging PRAYER™ Quiet Times, and Leader’s Guide Discussion Questions.
- Quiet Time Ministries is pleased to announce the Apple® iBooks Edition release of A Woman’s Heart That Dances: Keeping in Step with God’s Design for You. Catherine Martin choreographs a devotional journey to greater intimacy with God for women who are ready to engage in a moving and powerful dance of relationship and faith. Features include Multi-Touch Design — iBooks App Mac or iBooks App iOS device, eBook Style — full color magazine format, Comprehensive Study Guide — Quiet Times & Discussion Questions, Add Notes & Comments — via Highlight feature, Now you can dance with the Lord everywhere you go, Ideal for individuals and women’s small group studies.
Your assignment this next week is to read Chapters 9 and 10 from A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Keeping In Step With God’s Design For You on pp145-171. I think you’ll also enjoy the Optional Online Study Week One – Study Guide: Romance and Story Quiet Times from the downloadable A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, August 13, 2016.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How have you had to surrender to the Lord in order to lean into His embrace in the dance? What is the most important step the Lord has led you to take this year? What was your favorite quote this week in your reading? What is the most important truth God is teaching you in this study?
- Title: Surrender To His Embrace
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A beautiful rose open to the sun in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/26/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Velvet 56, FL 56mm, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/8000sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.