A Woman’s Heart That Dances OLS — Week Five
I recently discovered a beautiful rose garden in Newport Beach, California. Fortunately, I had my Nikon D810 camera along with a new macro lens designed to create a velvety glow in close-up images – the Lensbaby Velvet 56. So I stopped to focus in on each rose, looking for ones that I could capture as special images for the myPhotoWalk devotional photography collection of flowers.
There were so many beautiful roses, each one unique and colorful. Then, I saw this particular one — the curves and the folds just dancing in this garden. And there were also imperfections, some discoloration and a few brown edges. But the rose didn’t seem to care. Still, it danced.
Oh, what a picture this is of us with our Lord. We may be experiencing a trial. We may be struggling and weak. Even now, the Lord is inviting us to lean in to His embrace and dance. He loves us and will tell a story in and through our lives, even in this present difficulty. This is what we are learning in our study of A Woman’s Heart That Dances, especially this week in Chapters 9 (Romance) and 10 (Story). As we are nearing the end of our study, these truths about our dance with the Lord are vital in order to truly dance in an intimate relationship with Him in life.
Oh friend, let us all be like this rose in God’s garden of grace. In spite of all that may be happening in our lives, let us live in the romance and story of the dance with our Lord. Remember how loved you are by the Lord Jesus. He is inviting you to dance with Him, even now.
He will spread through you the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14). He promises.
So dance, dear friend. Dance.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- For greater depth, please download the A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF, a key companion resource that includes additional insights, engaging PRAYER™ Quiet Times, and Leader’s Guide Discussion Questions.
- Quiet Time Ministries is pleased to announce the Apple® iBooks Edition release of A Woman’s Heart That Dances: Keeping in Step with God’s Design for You. Catherine Martin choreographs a devotional journey to greater intimacy with God for women who are ready to engage in a moving and powerful dance of relationship and faith. Features include Multi-Touch Design — iBooks App Mac or iBooks App iOS device, eBook Style — full color magazine format, Comprehensive Study Guide — Quiet Times & Discussion Questions, Add Notes & Comments — via Highlight feature, Now you can dance with the Lord everywhere you go, Ideal for individuals and women’s small group studies.
Your assignment this next week is to read Chapters 11 and 12 from A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Keeping In Step With God’s Design For You on pp175-201. I think you’ll also enjoy the Optional Online Study Chapters 11 and 12 – Study Guide: Surprise and Forever Quiet Times from the downloadable A Woman’s Heart That Dances — Study Guide PDF. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, August 20, 2016.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
How have you experienced romance in your own dance with the Lord? What truth from God’s Word is God writing on the tablet of your heart? What verse does He bring you back to again and again? What is the most important truth God is teaching you in this study?
- Title: The Story Of The Rose
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A delicate rose in full bloom in Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 08/11/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Velvet 56, FL 56mm, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/3200sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot in Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, Nik Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.