Water For The Soul
If your mind and body are tired, weary, and greatly in need of a rest, then your soul needs refreshing all the more.
So where do you go when your soul needs rest and refreshment?
The best place to run is to the Lord in His Word.
“Times of refreshment come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19 NLT).
The psalmist in Psalm 119 wrote about a time when his heart and soul were ready for rest. He said, “Though I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, I do not forget Your statutes” (Psalm 119:83). That is one smart person, who realized his heart was in need, and turned his thoughts to the Word of God. That is what we must do also. The psalmist discovered the revival he needed when he turned to the word. He wrote, “This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me” (Psalm 119:50). You will experience personal spiritual revival by opening the pages of God’s Word and living there.
There is great power and a mighty work of sanctification that occur with the touch of the Word on the soul. Paul spoke of it when he wrote of our being “washed by the cleansing of God’s Word” (Ephesians 5:26 NLT).
So today, dear friend, perhaps you need water for your soul. Turn to God’s Word and you will thrive and bloom just like this beautiful rose in the garden of God’s grace.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: When Water Touches Your Soul
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A beautiful rose sprinkled with water in Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/02/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Velvet 56, FL 56mm, ISO 400, f/4, 1/250sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, OnOne Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.