Walking With The God Who Cares OLS — Introduction Week
Several years ago I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at a revival conference in Klamath Falls, Oregon. The drive up into the mountains was so beautiful and inspiring. I just had to stop all along the way and capture some images of God’s beautiful creation. The leaves were just beginning to turn to an array of fall colors. And as I wandered out into the country side, I saw this winding road leading into the forest.
There is just something about roads that immediately brings the idea of a journey to my mind. And we are embarking on a very powerful journey that has the potential to transform the way we live out our days. It is the 30-day journey of hope found in Walking With the God Who Cares — Finding Hope When You Need It Most.
I remember very clearly the season when I first wrote this book. I had just spent a year caring for my mother who had broken her neck, gone through a strenuous rehabilitation process, and recovered from that traumatic accident. For me, it had been quite a harrowing ordeal and, at the end of the year, I was exhausted and broken. It was then that the Lord taught me one of the greatest things I have learned from Him — what hope is and how to experience it for myself. Out of that powerful lesson from the Lord, I wrote Walking With The God Who Cares.
Today we begin five weeks — 30 days — of studying together in a Ministry For Women — Google+ Community Online Study of Walking With The God Who Cares — Finding Hope When You Need It Most.
I am very excited to go on this journey with you. I need to focus on these powerful truths for my own life. And honestly, I just can’t wait. It is a powerful journey and we are all going to learn so much. It is the journey to hope. That’s why I love this photo in particular because we are indeed going to travel the road to hope together.
My prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Romans 15:13 —
Get ready, dear friend, for your life to be filled with hope as you discover the powerful and magnificent promises of God.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walking With The God Who Cares — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walking With The God Who Cares — A 30-Day Journey Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to spend your first day of study reading the Introduction from Walking With The God Who Cares — Finding Hope When You Need It Most, write your Letter to the Lord, then watch the companion Introduction Week message for Walking With The God Who Cares (Viewer Guide, pp17-18) — Becoming A Hero Of Hope – Digital M4V Video or Becoming A Hero Of Hope – Digital MP3 Audio. Then, spend the rest of this first week studying Week 1, Days 1-6, Hope When There Is No Hope. At the end of Week One, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week One message for Walking With The God Who Cares (Viewer Guide, pp61-62) — There Is Always Hope – Digital M4V Video or There Is Always Hope – Digital MP3 Audio. In our first week of study we are going to look at what it means to have hope — real hope — even in the most difficult times. We will learn what hope really is and begin to know the reality of the God of hope who loves us. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, October 15, 2016.
As we begin, I invite you to introduce yourself and share what you are looking forward to in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s begin the journey of Walking With The God Who Cares.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As we begin our study, share your own thoughts on one or more of these questions. How has the Lord worked in your life in the past year? How do you need hope in your life right now? And finally, why are you looking forward to this study and the opportunity learn all about hope?
- Title: Staying The Course
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A country road out among the trees along Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 10/11/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 48mm, ISO 100, f/16, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot along Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.