Walking With The God Who Cares OLS — Week Two
What is the key that unlocks the door to hope?
The promises of God.
A single promise from God’s Word has the power to literally transform a life and send that life in a whole new direction.
This week in our study of Walking With The God Who Cares, we learned what to do with God’s promises. We need to find the promise, embrace the promise, trust the promise, and live the promise.
One of the most powerful days of study for me was Day Nine. I have found that surrendering to the promise is sometimes most difficult, and it’s usually because I’m holding on to something that is not true or something that is important to me. I loved this statement —
God is teaching me to trust Him now more than ever before for literally everything. I thought these words were also so important: You will be helped in your surrender if you look at your circumstances through the eyes of God’s promise instead of looking at God’s promise through the eyes of your circumstance.
Surrender is such a secret.
Paul taught the church at Rome the importance of surrender —
This is a promise I am surrendering to right now. I am believing that He has a plan and that His will is good and pleasing and perfect. I am surrendering to Romans 8:28 and believing that God is causing all things to work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I am also surrendering to Isaiah 41:10 and believing that I don’t need to ever be afraid and that God is with me and will help me.
Corrie ten Boom is such a hero. I truly believe that the Lord knew He could do anything He pleased with Corrie because she made no demands of Him with her will. She always delighted to say yes to her Lord.
Oh that is how I want to be. A “yes girl” for the Lord and one who carries His promises with her everywhere.
So what about you? What promises do you need to surrender to today? Carry those promises with you wherever you go.
And get ready to see God do something powerful in your life, something only He can do.
My prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Romans 15:13 —
Oh how I pray, dear friend, for your life to be filled with hope as you discover the powerful and magnificent promises of God.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walking With The God Who Cares — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walking With The God Who Cares — A 30-Day Journey Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 3, Days 13-18, Hope In Who He Is. At the end of Week Three, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Three message for Walking With The God Who Cares (Viewer Guide, pp155-156) — The Walk Of Surrender – Digital M4V Video or The Walk Of Surrender – Digital MP3 Audio. In our third week of study we are going to look at some of the most magnificent promises in the Bible about who God is. As we live in these promises, our goal will be to apply what we have learned about finding a promise, embracing the promises, trusting the promise, and living the promises. You may even want to use the Promise pages found in the Appendix of the new 2016 edition of Walking With The God Who Cares. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
I invite you to share all that you are learning in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue the journey of Walking With The God Who Cares.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
Share what God taught you about hope this week. What impresses you most about the promises of God? What promise do you need to surrender to today? What did you learn from the lives of Corrie ten Boom and Amy Carmichael? What is the most important truth, verse or insight for you this week in Walking With The God Who Cares?
- Title: God Causes The Growth
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A beautiful fall leaf on the ground near Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 10/11/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 105mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/50sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot at Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, On1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.