Walking With The God Who Cares OLS — Week Three
How well do you know God?
And have you engaged in a quest to know Him more?
I like to think of life as the great adventure of knowing God.
Why? Because when I read the Bible I learn that God is most interested in an intimate relationship with us. He says, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). Those are powerful words for us.
This week, in our study of Walking with the God Who Cares, we looked at promises about who God is. In Day 13, I was especially identified with this statement related to knowing God —
This statement inspires me to spend more time in my Bible discovering who God is so that I might know Him more. The more I know Him, the more I will trust Him (see Psalm 9:10). I especially loved drawing near to El Shaddai, the name of God that tells me He is all-sufficient, enough for anything I face today.
God is so much more than we know of Him right now. He is, of course, incomprehensible. However, He has revealed Himself to us. He wants to be known. But how much do we really know of Him? I am compelled more than ever to give time, attention, and intention to know and love Him more.
I realized in a deeper way this week how much God loves me. I think we should take a whole year just to meditate on the love of God seen in Jesus and all He has done for us. Think about all that is wrapped up in the promise we saw in Day 16, “Jesus Wept.” I loved these words in Day 16 —
So, dear friend, may you be encouraged to find hope in who God is today. He loves you. Carry the promises of God with you wherever you go today. God bless you as you continue on in the great adventure of knowing Him.
My prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Romans 15:13 —
Oh how I pray, dear friend, for your life to be filled with hope as you discover the powerful and magnificent promises of God.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walking With The God Who Cares — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walking With The God Who Cares — A 30-Day Journey Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 4, Days 19-24, Hope In What He Does. At the end of Week Four, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Four message for Walking With The God Who Cares (Viewer Guide, pp193-194) — The Discipline of Trust – Digital M4V Video or The Discipline of Trust – Digital MP3 Audio. In our fourth week of study we are going to look at some of the most magnificent promises in the Bible about what God does. These are promises from God’s Word about His work in your life and they will inspire you to trust Him more. And one promise may appear more significant than another in the context of your life circumstances. In that case, you are going to want to find, embrace, trust, and live that promise. You may even want to use the Promise pages found in the Appendix of the new 2016 edition of Walking With The God Who Cares. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
I invite you to share all that you are learning in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue the journey of Walking With The God Who Cares.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
Share what God taught you about hope this week. How does knowing God give you a stronger hope? What was your favorite name of God in Day 13? What truth about who God is mean the most to you and why? What is the most important truth, verse or insight for you this week in Walking With The God Who Cares?
- Title: In Christ Forever
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Reflections on the water at sunrise at Running Y Ranch, Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 10/12/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 30mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot at Running Y Ranch, Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.