Walking With The God Who Cares OLS — Week Five
There is so much power in a promise when it is backed by the certainty of its fulfillment.
Having a healthy spiritual bank account makes writing checks on the promises an assuring experience.
The promises God gives us are backed by the certainty of God Himself. He promises.
We see this guarantee from God in Hebrews 6:17-19 —
I love these words because in them I am encouraged to trust everything that God says.
So in this final week of study in Walking With The God Who Cares, I am encouraged to step back and think about God’s Word in my own life.
Because God says it, I need to believe it. I think about what we have learned in handling the promises — find the promise, embrace the promise, trust the promise, and live the promise.
I have a deeper love for God’s Word as a result of studying hope in Walking With The God Who Cares. When I open its pages, everything I read is significant. And each time I read, I await God’s highlighting of certain verses for me right here, right now.
I think about those verses that have become significant to me just over the last week. One of them is Hebrews 6:15 and the example of Abraham — “And so, having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.”
I am learning to patiently wait. God has His own perfect timing. But I can be confident and assured as I walk through life, for God is good for every word He says. I can count on it. He promises.
So dear friend, what about you? What is the most important thing that you have learned from our study together?
May the Lord richly bless you and bring His Word richly into your heart and life as you hope in Him, moment by moment. And may you carry His promises with you wherever you go.
My prayer and my goal for all of us has been Romans 15:13 —
Oh how I pray now, dear friend, for your life to be filled with hope as you continue to discover the powerful and magnificent promises of God.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Walking With The God Who Cares — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Walking With The God Who Cares — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Walking With The God Who Cares — A 30-Day Journey Book, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
I encourage you to review all that you have learned in this study and share it over at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community. This is a time to reflect on where you are and what God is teaching you. I look forward to studying together with you soon. Keep checking back at Ministry For Women to join our next online Bible Study.
Thank you for sharing together with me the journey of Walking With The God Who Cares.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
Share what God taught you about hope this week. Why is God’s Word so important to our experience of hope? What was your favorite truth about what God says? What is your favorite promise from God’s Word right now? What is the most important truth, verse or insight that God taught you in this study of in Walking With The God Who Cares?
- Title: Knowing Christ
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A serene, pastoral landscape along the Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 10/11/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 66mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot along Lake Of The Woods Highway, Medford, Oregon, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.