I was walking along a path lined with majestic pine trees in the California mountains near Idyllwild, California.
I had my Nikon D810 camera, tripod, and an open heart, and I was capturing images as I admired God’s beauty surrounding me. It was so peaceful. I breathed in the clean fresh air and felt the cool breeze caress my face.
Ah … those are the times that I love – myPhotoWalks with the Lord.
On this particular morning, I happened upon this one magnificent pine and was immediately awestruck at the backdrop of cloud patterns, an ocean of wispy waves descending from the heavens. This lone pine towered above all the others, seemingly straining toward the sky.
Stepping back, that enormous tree reminded me of the great value of growing tall spiritually in our relationship with the Lord. Your spiritual height gives you the ability to see according to the eternal perspective. You “see all of life from God’s point of view, and have what you see affect how you live in the present” as I’ve written in A Heart To See Forever – Embrace the Promise of the Eternal Perspective.
Peter shows us the way to grow spiritually in 2 Peter 3:18 —
Grace is like a garden providing the perfect environment for our spiritual growth. And our goal in spiritual growth is clear. We want to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ more and more every day.
Do you know the grace of God? Are you living in the warmth and comfort and assurance of His magnificent grace? In my book A Woman’s Walk in Grace – God’s Pathway to Spiritual Growth, I have written an Affirmation of Grace, outlining some of the most incredible truths about our identity as a person who has received Christ and is a recipient of His grace.
Because of God’s grace…
- I am secure, forgiven, accepted, and loved forever by God.
- I am always in God’s audience, united with Christ, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
- I stand in extravagant grace, the perfect environment for spiritual growth.
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing and have everything I need.
- I am God’s beautiful masterpiece, designed for His purposes and plans.
- I have the hope of heaven, where I will live with Christ forever.
Oh, dear friend, when you spend daily quiet time with the Lord in His Word and live by these truths, in His time, you will grow tall and have an eternal perspective, giving great glory to God.
Believe it, receive it, and live it.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Growing Tall
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A majestic tree reaching to the sky in Idyllwild, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 11/11/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Nikkor 24-120mm, FL 78mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/250sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Idyllwild, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, Nik Software, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.