I think we need big doses of grace and kindness these days.
I’ll never forget the day a dear friend left homemade chicken soup at my front door. She knew I was under the weather; she wanted to do something to help. And her grace was such a welcome gift of kindness and mercy.
I’m imagining that we go behind the scenes and dream up creative ways to bless those around us.
Let’s call it quiet grace.
It’s the ability to pour out a blessing and grace another person.
We are encouraged to a quiet grace with these words in Micah 6:8 —
Quiet grace is always looking for ways to pour out kindness and mercy on those around you. As you walk humbly with your God and receive His overwhelming love, you just can’t help it — you give it away.
So how can you recognize those opportunities for quiet grace?
You can be sure that the Lord loves to pour out His grace on those who need it most. So He will be faithful to give you opportunities for kindness and mercy.
I was photographing a white calla lily for a learning workshop project. As I captured images, I noticed how this white calla lily seems to be the picture of quiet grace. It has beauty and elegance with the folds and curl of its shape.
So, dear friend, as you go about your day, ask the Lord to give you opportunities to show kindness to another. And then, get ready to experience the mercy of His quiet grace in your own life.
Lord, thank You for Your grace in our lives today. Help me recognize the opportunities around me to grace someone else — a quiet grace. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Quiet Grace
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A graceful calla lily in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 02/28/17
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Composer Pro II Sweet 50 Optic, FL 50mm, ISO 800, f/8, 1/125sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, MacPhun Tonality Pro, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.