Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Intro Week
I’ll never forget the day the Lord gave me my life verse in Psalm 27:4. When I read these words of David, I said to myself and to the Lord, “That’s what I want in life. More than anything. It’s the one thing in life — to know God. To walk with Him and live with Him forever. To gaze at His beauty and worship Him. Every day of my life. That’s my one, great desire.”
In Psalm 27:4 David says, “One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD and to meditate in His temple.”
How is such a life goal possible when we live in a world that clamors for our attention and seems determined to draw us away from God? I believe the secret is found in knowing God’s names. God has revealed Himself to us in His names and, according to David, the secret to trusting God is to know God’s name (Psalm 9:10).
Oh how great are God’s names! I remember a quintessential myPhotoWalk out in Montana’s Glacier National Park at Logan Pass. I walked away from the group and down a steep hill with my tripod and Nikon camera bracing the chilly weather. And I saw what others did not see. This magnificent view of a tall, majestic mountain just took my breath away. I had to take a journey to get to it, but the view was well worth it.
Dear friend, we are now embarking on a great journey in a Ministry For Women — Google+ Community Online Study of Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience. And your time walking with God in His Word over the next 8 weeks of study will be well rewarded with magnificent views of Him along the way. And the result will be a deeper trust in God.
I am very excited to go on this journey with you. I need to focus on the names of God for my own life. And honestly, I just can’t wait. It is a powerful quiet time experience and we are all going to learn so much. It is the journey to a great trust in God. And the key that unlocks the door is God’s names.
My prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Get ready, dear friend, for your life to be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to spend your first day of study reading the Introduction from Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience, write your Letter to the Lord, then watch the companion Introduction Week message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp17-18) — Living Life With God – Digital M4V Video or Living Life With God – Digital MP3 Audio. Then, spend the rest of this first week studying Week 1, Days 1-6, A Heart For The Lord. At the end of Week One, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week One message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp43-44) — A Heart For The Lord – Digital M4V Video or A Heart For The Lord – Digital MP3 Audio. In our first week of study we are going to look at Psalm 27:4 and David — the man after God’s own heart — and what it really means to have a heart for the Lord. Oh how encouraged we will be to draw near to the Lord and know Him, walk intimately with Him, and ultimately trust Him with all our hearts! I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, March 18, 2017.
As we begin, I invite you to introduce yourself and share what you are looking forward to in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s begin the journey of Trusting In The Names Of God.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As we begin our study, share your own thoughts on one or more of these questions. How has the Lord worked in your life in the past year? What is the greatest truth you have learned about God in the last year or so? How do you need to trust God in your life right now? And finally, why are you looking forward to this study and the opportunity learn about God and His names?
- Title: The Strong Tower Of God
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Majestic mountains at Logan Pass, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 9/16/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 12mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photoshoot at Logan Pass, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.