Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Week Two
I’ve been thinking a lot about the nature and quality of our trust in God.
How can we learn to trust God without being confronted with a situation where a great trust in Him is required? How can we really know Him without adversity?
Trust in God doesn’t come naturally. It develops and grows as we draw near to God and know Him.
My great goal in life is to know and love and trust Him more. And I find, in the difficulties of life, that my trust in God is tested to the limits. And I see how much growth has occurred in my life and also how much more I need to grow. Selah — “pause and calmly think of that,” as the psalmist so aptly writes.
In Week Two of our study in Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience, we studied what it means to trust in God, how we learn to trust in Him, and the great result of trusting God.
I loved the prayer in Psalm 25:1-6 —
I’m so thankful for David and how honest and trusting he was as He walked with God through many difficult times. He encourages me and his words have become the foundation of many of my own prayers this week.
I love the invitation from the Lord Jesus, “Come away with Me by yourselves to a quiet place” (Mark 6:31). We need the quiet place with Jesus to know Him and grow in our trust. It’s the only way to know Him better and become intimate with Him. The Lord beckons us to draw near when He says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
When I think of a place to be still and draw near to God, I close my eyes and think of this small clearing along the Avalanche Lake Trail in Glacier National Park in Montana. I remember quietly standing there with my Nikon D7000 camera, drinking in the lush beauty of the trees and the soft wind blowing through the leaves. It was truly a quiet place.
Let us all receive His invitation gladly and go to the quiet place and sit with Him awhile, listening to all He has to say to us in His word.
I love Charles Spurgeon’s words in Morning and Evening —
What words to read in the depth of a trial! They are tough to take at times and yet I can receive them from Mr. Spurgeon, for he knew sorrow and suffering. He is one of my great heroes of the faith and I can’t wait to meet him in heaven just to say thank you for his shepherd’s heart and wise words in the depth of despair.
So dear friend, what say you this week? Where are you in your faith? What is God teaching you about trust? I look forward to learning and growing together with you.
As always, I want you to know that my prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God bless you, dear friend, and may you be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 3, Days 1-6, Trusting In The Lord. At the end of Week Three, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Three message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp99-100) — A Day In The Life Of God – Digital M4V Video or A Day In The Life Of God – Digital MP3 Audio. In our third week of study we are going to enter into the magnificent beauty of God’s Creation and focus on God as Creator. You will realize more just how powerful God is. As a result, you will be encouraged to trust God to handle even the most difficult trials in your life. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, April 1, 2017.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you studied God’s word in Week Two, what was your most significant insight about trust? How is your trust in God being tested right now? What did you learn that will help you trust God more? And finally, what was your favorite verse, insight, or quote?
- Title: A Quiet Place
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Along the Avalanche Lake Trail in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 9/18/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 22mm, ISO 100, f/22, AEB.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.