Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Week Three
Have you ever missed the forest for the trees?
There was the obvious, right before your very eyes. And you just missed it!
Every day we have before us the obvious proof and natural revelation of our everlasting God, the Creator of all things.
His creation is all around us. And it is within us. Even our bodies and minds are His creation.
All you have to do is walk outside on a clear night and look up at the stars in the sky. Try to count those stars as you gaze up into the vast universe. You can’t do it because there are too many to count and they reach far beyond what the human eye can see. And then you have to ask yourself the question, “Where did all those stars come from? How can there be a design? And what does the magnificent design imply?”
The only answer can be that a design of something created from nothing implies a Designer. And that Designer is God.
I remember early on in my relationship with the Lord attending a college Bible study at a home near where I lived in Arizona. An astronomer presented slides and talked about the universe and the planets. I thought it was going to be boring, but instead I became captivated by the greatness of God.
I remember arriving home and looking up at the sky. I literally was overwhelmed by God’s presence and the fact that He was personal and that He loved me. I realized I could never hide or run from God. He loved me and wanted me in a relationship with Him. This was a big “Aha!” Moment in my life.
I was reminded of that powerful moment in Week 3 of Trusting In The Names Of God — Behold His Beauty In Creation. Studying the name, Elohim, was a powerful lesson on the greatness of our God. No matter how many reasons you find in your life circumstances to worry and doubt, you will always find more reasons in the character of God — who He is, what He does, and what He says — to trust and love Him every day of your life.
I was encouraged this week to look to God. Stay focused on God. And trust Him in spite of the impossibles that come my way.
I loved the words from God in Psalm 46:10 —
That is the call of the hour for every one of us. Another translation puts it this way: “Let go [of your concerns.] Then you will know that I am Elohim.”
There were so many wonderful insights and quotes from this week’s study. I loved the words of Matthew Henry in Days 6-7 —
Oh I love those words so much.
As always, I want you to know that my prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God bless you, dear friend, and may you be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 4, Days 1-6, Trusting In The Lord. At the end of Week Four, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Four message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp135-136) — Becoming A Friend Of God – Digital M4V Video or Becoming A Friend Of God – Digital MP3 Audio. In our fourth week of study we are going to see what an intimate relationship with God looks like as we step into the life of Abraham, who was called God’s friend. We will learn some wonderful names of God and how to call on the name of the Lord. And I pray that our trust in God will grow even more in the next week. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, April 8, 2017.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you studied God’s word in Week Three, what was your most significant insight about God? In what way were you encouraged to trust God more? What did you learn from the life of Job? And finally, what was your favorite verse, insight, photograph, or quote?
- Title: The Everlasting God
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A view from Logan Pass in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/16/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 15mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/15sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.