Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Week Four
I stood with a dozen fellow photographers along the Continental Divide Trail at the shore of Swiftcurrent Lake in Glacier National Park, Montana, waiting and hoping for the glow of a beautiful sunset.
It was a magnificent view but the glow we were hoping for never came to pass.
And that’s the way it is sometimes with photography. You wait and wait for just the right light. And sometimes you capture an image out in God’s creation that just takes your breath away.
On that evening, I got the shot I was hoping for, but not in the direction I expected. We packed up our gear and turned around to walk back up the hill to our cars. And God gave us an unexpected surprise. He painted the sky behind us with the glow we had been looking for in the west. And the bright moon was hanging low just above the trees. I stopped, set up my camera and tripod, and began capturing as much of this wondrous view as possible. Oh, it was just beautiful! Out there in God’s creation, you could not help but sense His very presence.
Just imagine what it must have been like for Abraham to walk with God and experience friendship with God.
In our study this week, we entered into the experience of Abraham as he heard from God, and responded to all that God said to him.
I was profoundly moved by how God revealed Himself to Abraham as El Shaddai and said, “I will always be your God, and the God of your descendants after you” (Genesis 17:7).
As I read those words, I said, “El Shaddai, You are my God, and I belong to You.”
There is something so very personal about talking with God and calling Him by His many names. Your friendship grows deeper and your trust in Him grows stronger.
I loved these words by A.W. Tozer —
I pray that we will all desire to know God more and more. As we walk with Him, we will see more of who He is, what He does, and what He says. He will teach us more about Himself in His many names. Just this week, we learned new names of God including El Shaddai, El Olam, and Yahweh Jireh. I am learning to trust God and believe He will keep His promises found in His names.
I have laid out my needs before Yahweh Jireh and I’m trusting Him to provide as He promises. Abraham discovered “The Lord will Provide” (Genesis 22:14), and we will make that same discovery as we grow in our relationship with the Lord.
As always, I want you to know that my prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God bless you, dear friend, and may you be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 5, Days 1-6, Behold His Beauty With The People Who Lived With God. At the end of Week Five, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Five message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp169-170) — The Divine Interruption of God – Digital M4V Video or The Divine Interruption of God – Digital MP3 Audio. In our fifth week of study we are going to study Moses in Exodus and learn how God revealed Himself to Moses. We are going to study the great name of God, Yahweh. Oh what discoveries we will make as we see how Moses dared to draw near to the Lord. I pray we will follow his example and also draw near to Him. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, April 15, 2017.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you studied God’s word in Week Four, what was your most significant insight about God? What did you learn from Abraham’s relationship with God? Where in your life do you most need to trust God right now? And finally, what was your favorite verse, insight, photograph, or quote?
- Title: The Light Of The World
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A view of the rising moon from Many Glacier in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/15/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 105mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/100sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.