All You Need
Do you find yourself in a place of need right now?
And perhaps you are swimming in a pool of worry and fear.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the prince of preachers, was on his way home from work after a long hard day. He felt weary and very depressed. Suddenly the words from 2 Corinthians 12:9 came to his mind, “My grace is sufficient for thee.”
Here are his own words about how God used that Bible verse in his life once he arrived home —
I think the words of Spurgeon are so important for those of us who have great needs and are looking to God to provide.
Have we thought through God’s promise and arrived at a place where unbelief becomes absurd to us? We need to get to that place.
Let us be, as Spurgeon says, “great believers.”
We need to live in God’s word until it becomes our very own and we arrive at great faith.
When we realize the truth of 2 Corinthians 12:9 where God is saying to us, “My grace is all you need” (NLT), we will find our faith strengthened. Then we will see as Spurgeon saw, that God’s resources are more than enough for our greatest needs.
Then, it will be as Spurgeon says, “great faith will bring Heaven to your souls.” Oh I love that today.
Dear Lord, give us great faith and bring Heaven to our soul. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: All You Need
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A view from flowers to mountains at sunrise in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 04/08/17
- Camera: Sony A6000, Zeiss 16-70mm, FL 66mm, ISO 500, f/4, 1/160sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software, Topaz Software, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.