Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Week Five
What is it that can bring the greatest comfort and joy to your heart?
One thing above all others — experiencing God’s presence as you walk with Him, moment by moment, and day by day.
Oh yes, there are so many life experiences that warm the heart. But walking with God and knowing Him is in a league all of its own and completely unmatched by anything else.
I remember the day we drove on the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park in a late Fall, Montana. We had decided to stop along the way to capture views that stood out to us. Well, it’s a miracle we ever made it back to the hotel, because everything is remarkable and magnificent in Glacier National Park, one of my very favorite places in the whole world. I remember this particular stop where the mountains seemed to reach to the sky and the billowing clouds were everywhere. I stood there with my camera and couldn’t help but say, “Lord, Your creation is incredible. And You are awesome. Thank You Lord!”
And so it is with God. Everything is remarkable and magnificent about Him.
In Week Five of Trusting In The Names Of God, we focused on Moses and his relationship with God. Something he prayed to the Lord was significant to me this week. He said —
This is an important prayer for us to have in our hearts and take to the Lord often. The best part of that prayer came next when Moses prayed, “Show me Your glorious presence” (Exodus 34:18). What a view Moses received from God in answer to that prayer. I believe that God loves it when we dare to draw near and ask to know Him and see Him in great depth. Nothing in all creation compares with a new view of God given by Him through the power of the Holy Spirit. As we come to know God in greater intimacy and depth, our trust in Him will grow.
F.B. Meyer encourages us with the importance of being alone with God often —
Those are such good words of encouragement for us as we continue on in this study of the names of God. May we dare to be much alone on the mount with our great God.
As always, I want you to know that my prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God bless you, dear friend, and may you be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 6, Days 1-6, Behold His Beauty With The Prophets Who Spoke For God. At the end of Week Six, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Six message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp203-204) — Becoming God’s Message – Digital M4V Video or Becoming God’s Message – Digital MP3 Audio. In our sixth week of study we are going to see how God revealed Himself to some of the great prophets including Isaiah and Jeremiah (two of the largest books of the Bible in the Old Testament). Here we get an intimate view of God’s heart as He speaks a depth and feeling of emotion that we might not have known was a part of who God is. He is, in fact, the living God. And He is passionate and loves His people. So let us draw near to our great God, and know Him and trust Him as never before. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you studied God’s word in Week Five, what impressed you about Moses and his relationship with God? What did you learn from Moses that you can apply in your own relationship with the Lord? And how were you encouraged to trust God more? Finally, what was your favorite verse, insight, photograph, or quote?
- Title: Your Forever God
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A mountain view along Going To The Sun Road in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/14/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 19mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/160sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.