Trusting ~ Names Of God AQTE OLS — Week Six
Do you realize that God is real and present?
It seems like a strange question. But I remember hearing someone once say that many people live life as practical atheists. In other words, they say they believe in God but act as though God is not really present or at work in their lives.
I cherish the memory of a crisp fall morning at sunrise in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA. I was with a group of photographers that included my mentor and Nikon legend, Bill Fortney (His Light Workshops) and Dr. Charles Stanley (beloved pastor and author). I was so excited to be included in this once-in-a-lifetime spiritual and educational experience. There we were in a beautiful setting to capture images of Saint Mary Lake just as the sun was rising. I was so aware that God was there with us. That God was the one in control of everything. The entire experience brought great a refreshing to my heart.
There is a promise in Acts 3:19 that tells us “times of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord.”
And oh, how true it is. We need to be aware that God is present. And He is at work in our lives.
This week in our study in Trusting In The Names Of God, we studied the names of God revealed to the prophets. And front and center was God’s presence and the reality of Him in our lives. Ezekiel discovered Yahweh Shammah, the Lord is there. The Lord is here, even now, as He lives in us and makes His home in us.
Jesus made it perfectly clear that there would come a time when He would live in us —
This is a powerful truth and one that impacts us every moment of our days. There is no time when He is not present and active in our lives. We don’t always realize it. But regardless of our own awareness, the truth of it remains.
Alan Redpath describes the battle of David and Goliath and what made the difference in David’s perspective —
These are good words for us today to apply in our lives. Let us know and believe and act on the fact that God is present and that He is the God of today. He is Yahweh Shammah, the Lord is there. Yes, He is living in us and He is our very life (Galatians 2:20).
As always, I want you to know that my prayer and my goal for all of us is found in Psalm 9:10 —
Lord, we pray now that we will know Your names and put our trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God bless you, dear friend, and may you be filled with trust as you discover who God is, what God says, and what God does in His names.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your reading from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital M4V Video Messages or the Trusting In The Names Of God — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a Trusting In The Names Of God — DVD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the Trusting In The Names Of God — A Quiet Time Experience Book, Trusting In The Names Of God DVD With 9 Messages by Catherine Martin, The Quiet Time Journal, and a Quiet Time Ministries Signature Tote.
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 7, Days 1-6, Behold His Beauty With Jesus, The Son Of God. At the end of Week Seven, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Seven message for Trusting In The Names Of God (Viewer Guide, pp239-240) — Intimate Communion With God – Digital M4V Video or Intimate Communion With God – Digital MP3 Audio. In our seventh week of study we are going to see who God really is by looking at the Lord Jesus Christ. We learn that in Hebrews 1 that Jesus is the exact representation of God and in John 1:18 that Jesus has “explained” God to us. I’m so excited to see all that we are going to discover about God in this coming week. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, April 29, 2017.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
As you studied God’s word in Week Six, what impressed you about the prophets and their relationship with God? Who was your favorite prophet and why? What was your favorite name of God this week? And what did you learn that is helping you to trust God more? Finally, what was your favorite verse, insight, photograph, or quote?
- Title: Times Of Refreshing
- Order Custom myPhotoWalk Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: An early morning view of Saint Mary Lake in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/15/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 24mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops Photo Shoot at Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.