A Quiet Place With God
If you’re searching for stained glass windows, rustic bell towers, and romanesque architecture amid olive groves, rows of junipers, and grapes on the vine, Tuscany is your ticket.
One day, a number of years ago, my husband and I set off on an adventure in the countryside surrounding the World Heritage site of San Gimignano, Italy, not knowing what to expect. We happened upon this beautiful church under a cerulean blue sky enveloped by a vineyard and lush greenery. An ideal spot for photography.
What struck us was that there was literally no one else around! It was idyllic. It was so peaceful and quiet — the perfect place to commune with God.
God invites us to spend time with Him. I find it so incredible that the Creator of the universe desires an intimate relationship with me.
And yet, I know because of what I read in His Word, that He wants me to know Him.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). And then, He assures me in James 4:8, that when I draw near to Him, He will draw near to me.
These two verses show me the need to make finding a quiet place with God a priority in my life. If it’s important to God, then it’s important to me.
So today, dear friend, will you step away from the busyness of life, and find a quiet place to be alone with God?
Dear Lord, help me slow down and draw near to you today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: A Quiet Place With God
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: A church in the Tuscan landscape near San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/13/11
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 70mm, ISO 250, f/13, 1/400sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.