One Holy Passion OLS — Introduction Week
How is your heart for the Lord these days?
Are you in a difficult place, perhaps a Red Sea place, and you don’t have any answers for your situation?
Oh dear friend, you are in for such a life–changing journey in Exodus as we begin our 2017 Annual Seasonal Online Bible Study of One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love.
I can tell you from firsthand experience that I know what it is to be in an impossible situation. I know the fear, anxiety, and frustration as my life goes in an unexpected direction.
But oh, there is another side to that story — to your story. There is God’s side — His eternal perspective. There is truth in God’s Word that answers your hurting heart in the midst of every dark night of the soul.
I will never forget the day I first began living in Exodus. I knew God had me there for a reason. But I could never have known all the treasure He was going to show me in that section of His Word.
As my faith has been tested over the last few years, it has also been trained by the truth I have discovered in God’s Word.
Dear friend, get ready for incomprehensible beauty — the beauty of the Lord — as you begin this sacred journey in Exodus. You are going to see God as you have never seen Him before. And you are going to discover His heart for you — His amazing, immeasurable love. It is truly one holy passion — something you will never forget. His love changes you forever.
One of my favorite places to capture images with my Nikon D810 camera is Sedona, Arizona. About a year ago I was walking with the Lord early in the morning. Suddenly, as the sun began to rise, a beautiful golden glow washed the entire landscape. I set up my tripod and began capturing images. The image you see here, Patient Waiting @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com, became the cover of One Holy Passion. I love looking at this image because it reminds me of the wonder, beauty, and power of my Lord, who is Creator and Redeemer. I remember the intimate moments He and I had out there seemingly alone and separate from the world. And now, as it has become the cover image, I am always reminded of Exodus and God’s amazing love.
So dear friend, today is the day to begin this journey. Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
Oh how I thank the Lord for you. I love the words of Paul and they truly apply now as we begin.
So now, dear friend, get ready for this most holy, sacred journey in Exodus — One Holy Passion — where you will see that your God is the One who carries you on eagles’ wings and brings you to Himself (Exodus 19:4). To Him be all the honor and glory.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Your assignment this next week is to spend your first day of study reading the Introduction from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love, write your Letter to the Lord, then watch the companion Introduction Week message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp19-20) — Journey To The Heart Of God – Digital M4V Video or Journey To The Heart Of God – Digital MP3 Audio. Then, spend the rest of this first week studying Week 1, Days 1-7, Meant For More. At the end of Week One, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week One message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp53-54) — You Are Meant For More – Digital M4V Video or You Are Meant For More – Digital MP3 Audio. In our first week of study we are going to prepare for our sacred journey in Exodus. We will begin to look at some of the main themes that are seen in Exodus and continued throughout the Bible. It is as though this week you are studying a travel guide that shows the main things you just don’t want to miss on your journey. Pack these truths in your heart and mind so you will have them with you all along the way. Oh how excited we are going to become in preparing for our journey with the Lord in Exodus! I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, October 21, 2017.
As we begin, I invite you to introduce yourself and share what you are looking forward to in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s begin the journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
Introduce yourself to the group — your name, where you’re from, and how you heard about this study. Then, share your thoughts about how studying God’s Word helps when life is difficult. Why do we need to study God’s Word? And how does sharing what we are learning with others help us grow? Finally, why are you looking forward to this study and how do you think a new grasp of God’s love for you will make a difference in your life?
- Title: Patient Waiting
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: An early morning sunrise view of Courthouse Butte in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/28/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Nikkor 24-120mm, FL 24mm, ISO 100, f/22, AEB.
- Photoshoot: Early morning myPhotoWalk Photoshoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software, Topaz Software, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.