One Holy Passion OLS — Week One
What does God want more than anything? … He wants you!
Oh dear friend, if you and I get one main truth from our journey in Exodus, it must be that God loves us with a fierce, passionate, extravagant love. We are going to see His love in tangible measure as we watch Him in action on behalf of His people.
This week we looked at major themes in Exodus. It’s an important preparation for our journey because we want to be on the lookout for these truths as we live in the pages of God’s Word over the next eight weeks.
You are meant for God, for gracious freedom, extravagant love, hopeful purpose, and immeasurable abundance. Sometimes, in the midst of difficult circumstances, these truths seem too good to be true. But they are true, dear friend. And you and I must learn a very important lesson. Live in light of what you know to be true, especially when you are faced with dark days and impossible storms in life.
So I want to ask you how you are living right now? Is it by faith in God’s Word or by feelings immersed in circumstances? You and I must become disciplined, trained so to speak, to respond by faith rather than react by feelings.
As I studied this week I was profoundly impacted especially by Day Two, Meant For Hopeful Purpose. As I read through those verses that gave us a glimpse into God’s design for us and His plan and purpose for our lives, I was overwhelmed with how intricate, specific, and detailed God really is. He is more than I can even comprehend. So what did it mean for me and how can I apply it to my life? Just when I think that nothing is ever going to work out, I need to turn my thoughts and faith in a whole new direction and trust God’s plan and purpose. He is causing all things to work together for good as He promises in Romans 8:28. Just because I can’t always see doesn’t mean He isn’t at work. He is doing amazing things behind the scenes that someday will work together for something grand and glorious.
Believe it. Receive it. Live it.
I love this macro image of a flower taken in Sedona, Arizona, with my Nikon D810 camera and a very special lens called a Lensbaby Velvet 56. This lens adds a special glow and point of focus and works especially well with flowers. The image you see here, The Only True God @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com, reminds me that I am meant for more than this world has to offer. I am meant for God and I’m blessed with being a recipient of His amazing love every day.
Oh how I thank the Lord for you. I love the words of Paul and they truly apply now as we begin.
So dear friend, what about you? What is God teaching you as you have lived in His Word this week in our One Holy Passion study? As we begin this second week of study, I invite you to introduce yourself if you haven’t already, and share what you are looking forward to in this study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue on in this sacred journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this first week of study, you had the opportunity to look at major themes in the book of Exodus—Meant for God, Gracious Freedom, Extravagant Love, Hopeful Purpose, and Immeasurable Abundance. Which theme meant the most to you this week and why? What was the most important truth the Lord taught you this week? And how did Week One prepare you for your journey in Exodus and what do you look forward to as a result?
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 2, Days 1-7, When God Remembers His People from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love. At the end of Week Two, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Two message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp89-90) — Living In The Audience Of One – Digital M4V Video or Living In The Audience Of One – Digital MP3 Audio. In our second week of study we are going to see what happens when God hears the cries of His people in distress. As we enter into this sacred journey in Exodus, we are going to meet Moses, God’s leader in His peoples’ most desperate hour. You are going to see the heart of God as He reveals His name. And you will be drawn to know, love, and trust Him more than ever before. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, October 28, 2017.
- Title: The Only True God
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A macro image of vibrant flowers in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/23/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Velvet 56, FL 56mm, ISO 1000, f/5.6, 1/2000sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, ON1 Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.