One Holy Passion OLS — Week Two
God remembers you. Always.
He promises to never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).
And because of that beautiful promise, you can assume thousands of truths about your God. And you can rest in Him. No fear. No worries. The writer of Hebrews made the grand conclusion, “So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me'” (Hebrews 13:6 NIV).
In our second week of study in One Holy Passion, we looked at what happened as a result of God remembering His people and the covenant He had made with Abraham (Exodus 2:24). We saw that He heard the cries of distress from His people, He looked on them, and set in motion His plan of rescue. We learned that God knows (yada) His people. It means He knows by experience and relationship. He is intimately involved with them. As a result He called Moses to lead His people out of Egypt. He revealed His name, Yahweh. And then, He declared His promises to Moses and the people of Israel — that He would rescue them, lead them out of Egypt, and bring them to a land He would give them as their own possession.
Behind all of these actions by God, we discovered something so powerful — that God loves His people and has chosen them to be His special treasure.
Oh dear friend, do you see? God loves you. He is wild about you. And He will go to every length to save you. I love this image today that I am sharing from my Sedona portfolio ( The Only True God @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com). I have titled it “Love For The Helpless.” I saw this feathery bush in Sedona, Arizona, and zoomed in with my Nikon D810 and a special Lensbaby Velvet 56 macro lens to capture the unique individuality of the edges of this unique plant.
You see, God zooms in on you and never takes His eye off of you. He has a plan. He will not forget you.
It’s important to really begin to drink in these truths and live by them. So often, in the midst of harrowing circumstances it is tempting to think wrong, false thoughts about your God. I want to encourage you to “let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think” (Romans 12:2 NLT). Believe what God says in His Word, not what you feel in the heat of circumstances. It’s a discipline, as we learned from Corrie ten Boom in Day 5.
I love what Corrie said —
Corrie ten Boom is such a hero of the faith. She is a great example of one who lived with confidence, resting her faith in every single promise from God.
And we can do the same. Let us learn this valuable lesson as we continue on our sacred journey in Exodus. Believe everything we learn about God, drink in every single promise we discover, and rest confidently in the truth of His Word.
Believe it. Receive it. Live it.
So dear friend, what about you? What is God teaching you as you have lived in His Word in Week 2 in our One Holy Passion study? You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue on in this sacred journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this second week of study, you had the opportunity to look at what happens when God remembers in the book of Exodus—He knows His people, calls His leader, reveals His name, and declares His promise. What day of study meant the most to you this week and why? What was your favorite quote, insight, or verse? How has God revealed Himself to you this week?
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 3, Days 1-7, That All May Know from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love. At the end of Week Three, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Three message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp123-124) — A Passion For The Impossible – Digital M4V Video or A Passion For The Impossible – Digital MP3 Audio. In our third week of study we are going to get a glimpse into the very heart of God and how very much He loves us. We will see how amazing His love for us is and how intricately detailed His plans are for us. I believe this will be a time of great intimacy with your Lord as you live in His Word. So draw near, precious friend. Slow down and see what the Lord has for you. May He richly bless you. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 4, 2017.
- Title: Love For The Helpless
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A macro image of a feathery plant in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/28/16
- Camera: Nikon D810, Lensbaby Velvet 56, FL 56mm, ISO 64, f/2.8, 1/320sec.
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.