One Holy Passion OLS — Week Three
Our God is an amazing, incomprehensible, awesome God.
I realized that truth again this week.
Just think of this. He did not have to reveal anything about Himself or spiritual truth. But His is a heart of incredible love. He loves us more than we know. And out of that heart of love, He has opened Himself up to us and shown us who He is, what He does, and what He says.
This week in our study I saw anew so much that He has revealed to us in His Word. Just the fact of His revelation proves that He truly wants us to know Him. And He wants us to believe, trust, and rejoice in Him always.
To know the Lord and have Him as your God is to have everything you need for every circumstance of life. This gives an overwhelming sense of peace even in the midst of turbulent difficulties. I know I can run to Him and He will help me.
As I watch how God intervened in the lives of His people, I was encouraged to trust God even more in my life. As He intervened for them, so He will step in and rescue and deliver me. God never changes. “Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).
So today, dear friend, as you think about all you are learning on this sacred journey in Exodus, I want to encourage you to take a step back and drink in all you see about your God. Allow these truths to go deep into your heart and soul and fill you with a new trust and belief and sense of awe for your great God.
I loved these words by George O. Wood —
Oh yes, the Lord reigns eternal. Believe it. Receive it. Live it.
So dear friend, what about you? What is God teaching you as you have lived in His Word in Week 3 in our One Holy Passion study? You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue on in this sacred journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this third week of study, you had the opportunity to look at the magnificent plan of God for us. He has so much He wants us to know and ultimately believe with all our hearts—He gives you hope, He defends you, He is the LORD your God, He fights your battle, and He redeems you. What day of study meant the most to you this week and why? What was your favorite quote, insight, or verse? How has God revealed Himself to you this week?
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 4, Days 1-7, The Red Sea Place from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love. At the end of Week Four, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Four message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp157-158) — The Red Sea Place – Digital M4V Video or The Red Sea Place – Digital MP3 Audio. In our fourth week of study we are going to see the power and passion of God at work when we are in the impossible situation, where there is no way out, no way back, only through. Oh, I can’t wait for you to live in the Word this week and discover God at work. If you are in a Red Sea place right now, then get ready to be encouraged and inspired. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
- Title: You Can Believe
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A view through the trees by Oak Creek in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/12/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 35mm, FL 35mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.