One Holy Passion OLS — Week Four
It was a hot, sweltering day when we trekked the West Fork Trail in Sedona, Arizona, and there were annoying little bugs flying everywhere. West Fork Trail is certainly one of the best trails in Arizona and is touted as one of the top 10 trails in the United States. The trail is over six miles round trip and is rated easy. Not!
I carried my Nikon D7000 camera with tripod, hoping to capture some beautiful images for new myPhotoWalk Publications. But honestly, even as a dedicated photographer, the elements of heat and fatigue were beginning to have an effect. It seemed I was so focused on walking the trail and making it through the heat that I simply could not appreciate God’s beauty all around me.
Then, my husband and I came to the winding Oak Creek. At first there was just a trickle of water. But I decided to explore where it might lead me. I crossed the creek by balancing on some rocks and tree branches that had fallen in the water. Once on the other side, I took a turn on the trail, and saw this amazing view! A huge wall of red rock loomed over the creek showing off the reflection from the beautiful trees there in Oak Creek Canyon. I set up my camera and began capturing all kinds of images, searching for the best light and reflections.
Hope In The Rivers Of Difficulty is one of my favorites, part of the myPhotoWalk — SmugMug Portfolio, and shows off the work of our magnificent Creator.
Oh yes, God is powerful. You realize it again and again when you gaze at something beautiful He has created.
This image reminds me of that day at the Red Sea place when the people of Israel experienced God at work on their behalf. They were faced with an impossible situation. The endless expanse of water loomed before them. And the Egyptian army was threatening from behind. No way out, no way back. Only through, as Annie Johnson Flint so aptly wrote.
I loved this week of study so much. I think what stood out to me the most was God Himself. When God is with you, you have no need to fear. He has a plan. And He will do what it takes to deliver and save you.
Isaiah 41:10 has always been a favorite verse of mine —
As we watched the Lord part the waters, rescue His people, and destroy their enemies, we saw again why we never need to be afraid or anxious in an impossible circumstance. God delivers on His promises of who He is, what He does, and what He says.
If you are at a Red Sea place, be encouraged by God today. Never give up. Instead, trust in Him. Believe His Word. And rejoice in His love for you.
Believe it. Receive it. Live it.
So dear friend, what about you? What is God teaching you as you have lived in His Word in Week 4 in our One Holy Passion study? You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue on in this sacred journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this fourth week of study, you had the opportunity to experience the Red Sea place with Moses and the people of Israel. You discovered the wondrous things that happen because God is with you at the Red Sea place—God leads the way, He answers your fear, He calls you to trust, you will see and believe, and you will worship. How did this week of study encourage you for times when you are at the Red Sea place? What day of study meant the most to you this week and why? What was your favorite quote, insight, or verse? How has God revealed Himself to you this week?
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 5, Days 1-7, Into The Wilderness from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love. At the end of Week Five, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Five message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp187-188) — Lessons In The Wilderness – Digital M4V Video or Lessons In The Wilderness – Digital MP3 Audio. In our fifth week of study as we continue this sacred journey with the Lord, we are now going into the wilderness. And though we may think of the wilderness as a dry, desolate place, we are going to meet with the Lord there. And we are going to discover so much that can only come as we walk through the wilderness. So get ready to meet with the Lord in the wilderness. I can’t wait for us to share together the lessons we learn from the Lord. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
- Title: Hope In Rivers Of Difficulty
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A reflection view of Oak Creek on West Fork Trail in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/13/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 22mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.