One Holy Passion OLS — Week Five
Have you ever noticed that following a victory there may be a new test of your faith? Just when you thought you could breathe a sigh of relief, a new challenge faces you.
Such was the case for the children of Israel. They had experienced a tremendous victory at the Red Sea and watched God conquer their enemies, the Egyptians.
But now, following that victory, they entered one of their greatest challenges—the wilderness.
“What could God have been thinking?” are the words that may have gone through their mind. But what they should have asked is “What is God up to? What is He going to teach us?”
I love the thoughts in Day 1 and they help me in preparation for this new part of our journey in Exodus —
I think what meant the most to me was seeing how God teaches us to trust Him for provision when we are in the wilderness. I have experienced so many times when I was in financial or material need and God provided for me in the most unexpected ways. He promises in Philippians 4:19 to provide for us—”And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus” (NLT).
As I took this journey through the wilderness this week, I found that my trust in God is growing. That’s what happens in the wilderness. And God becomes my focus as all the distractions fade into the background when I am in the wilderness place.
So dear friend, what are you learning in the wilderness? Do you see the great value of such seasons in our lives? God is making us strong and faithful and filling us with joy and peace in the most unusual and unexpected ways. That’s what happens in the wilderness.
Be sure to share what God is teaching you as you have lived in His Word in Week 5 in our One Holy Passion study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
And now, let’s continue on in this sacred journey of One Holy Passion.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this fifth week of study, you now journeyed into the wilderness with Moses and the people of Israel. You discovered that God has a purpose for all of us in the wilderness—to experience God’s healing, to see God’s provision, to know God’s power, to meet with God, and to learn God’s ways. How did this week of study encourage you for times when you are are in the wilderness? What day of study meant the most to you this week and why? What was your favorite quote, insight, or verse? How has God revealed Himself to you this week?
Your assignment this next week is to study Week 6, Days 1-7, Experiencing God from One Holy Passion — A Sacred Journey in Exodus to God’s Amazing Love. At the end of Week Six, you may also want to enjoy the companion Week Six message for One Holy Passion (Viewer Guide, pp219-220) — Intimacy With God – Digital M4V Video or Intimacy With God – Digital MP3 Audio. In our sixth week of study as we continue this sacred journey with the Lord, we are going to see that the Lord is not only interesting in a rescue of His people, but He also desires a relationship with His people. We are going to travel to Mt. Sinai and also see the significance of the tabernacle in meeting with Yahweh, the One who loves us with an everlasting love. I will meet you back here with a new post and discussion question on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
- Title: The God Who Sees Me
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Out in the landscape of Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/11/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm, FL 24mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.