One Holy Passion OLS — Week Eight
I remember the gloriously sunny myPhotoWalk day when my husband and I hiked along the West Fork Trail in Sedona, Arizona.
There was a moment when we turned the corner along the trail and caught first sight of a vast wall of red rock along the banks of Oak Creek. The green trees draped over the shimmering water, complementing the beautiful reflection of the stratified rock. My heart fluttered at the majesty of God’s glory. I knew I was going to be there for awhile. Oh, how I just loved every bit of this spiritual and photographic experience!
In our walk with the Lord, there are those times when we truly sense the reality of knowing Christ Jesus our Lord. Our life in Christ is a taste of the promised land as we heed the words of Paul —
I think it’s important to remember the reality of real life — an abundant life. According to these words in Colossians, our real life is hidden with Christ in God. Heaven is our home and the ultimate in a promised land. For heaven is the place where we will live forever with God. Jesus promised He would prepare a place for us so that where He is, we will be also (John 14:1-2).
So as we think about the many things we have studied in Exodus — with One Holy Passion, the rescue and redemption of God’s people, the Red Sea Place, lessons in the wilderness, and the journey to the heart of God — it is important to remember that our ultimate destination is where we will live in the promised land forever with our Lord. Always keep your eye on that land, the place where your Lord is. And He is with you even now, for He will never leave or forsake you.
Oh how beautiful is the land of God. Let us think of it always and remember that we belong to Him forever. Always remember who you are and Whose you are.
I want to thank you for studying One Holy Passion together with me. What a blessed time we have had together. I have truly loved our study and learned so much!
So dear friend, what has God taught you on this sacred journey in Exodus? What is the most important truth you have learned and what will you take with you from your time in One Holy Passion? Be sure to share what God is teaching you as you have lived in His Word in Week 8 in our One Holy Passion study. You can write your thoughts in the Comments section of this post.
I have loved including these amazing prayers by F.B. Meyer each week and this is one of the best. I pray it for all of us today.
And now, let’s thank the Lord for this sacred journey of One Holy Passion. We have been so blessed to enjoy this time together in God’s Word.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In this eighth week of study, you have looked at the promised land in Exodus with Moses, Joshua, and the people of Israel. And what we saw is that there is a promised land for us as well as we experience life in Christ. Our heart is living in the promised land with Christ though we are in the wilderness of the world at the present time. And then we learned that we have a heavenly country where we will live forever. Oh what hope there is for every child of God. As we are at the end of this study, what was your favorite week of study? And how did the Lord answer in response to your Letter to the Lord written at the beginning of the study? What is the most important truth or insight you have learned in One Holy Passion? And what was your favorite quote or verse? What has God taught you?
- Title: Abundant Life
- Order Custom One Holy Passion Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: A beautiful view along West Fork Trail in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 05/13/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 12-24mm, FL 12mm, ISO 100, f/11, AEB
- Photoshoot: myPhotoWalk Photo Shoot in Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Camera Raw, Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk™ — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Study
Grab your Bible and One Holy Passion and draw near to the Lord. Give yourself lots of time with the Lord. And make it a special time just for you and your Lord. You may want to set out your quiet time basket and fill it with quiet time materials including colored pencils, micron pens, devotionals, your Bible, One Holy Passion, and your journal or notebook. If you have extra time, you may want to create an art journal and make pages of collage and art with all that you are learning. You may want to take extra time to write in The Quiet Time Journal or The Quiet Time Notebook. If I ever find myself rushing in my quiet time with the Lord, then I always stop, take a deep breath, and remember God’s invitation, “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I’m excited to be able to share this journey with you over the next 8 weeks. I want all of us to keep an eye and ear open for what God has to say to us as we live in His Word. And then, let’s be open and willing to share what God teaches us. And let’s pray for one another.
About Our Study
- Each week on Saturday morning, I will simulpost at Cath’s Blog — Quiet Time Ministries and at Ministry For Women — Google+ Community.
- All Ministry For Women — Google+ Community posts are mirrored on Quiet Time Ministries as — Cath’s Blog — Online Studies
- Each post will include some Sola Scriptura discussion questions related to your study from the previous week. Read, reflect, and share your thoughts. Please comment!
- Each post will include your next week’s assignment starting Sunday for the following study week.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to watch and listen to the One Holy Passion — Digital M4V Video Messages or the One Holy Passion — Digital MP3 Messages. The Introduction Week Digital M4V Video and Digital MP3 Audio Messages for all study series are always free as digital downloads!
- Leaders, make the most of your small group experience with a One Holy Passion — DVD Leaders Kit, or if you’re in a large group experience, consider the high definition, all digital One Holy Passion — HD Leaders Kit. Leaders Kits include the One Holy Passion — A Quiet Time Experience Book and The Quiet Time Journal.
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It is one thing to talk about the greatness of God’s love, but quite another to experience His love firsthand in your own life. Spending quality quiet time in Exodus is the key; God is going to transform you by changing the way you think. Through my own sacred journey in Exodus, I experienced a divine rescue at the Red Sea Place, and I found the way through and the way out. God rescues us so we can know, love, and serve Him. Oh yes, God is greater than anything you are experiencing right now. And He loves you with passion, power, and purpose. One holy passion.