Waiting. It’s not easy. Seemingly impossible. As though we are stuck. We can’t move in any direction because the way is just not yet clear. In those times, we need to maintain the eternal perspective, and keep our view of the Lord ever present. When we are in a waiting mode, our eyes can tend to move from heaven to earth, and our adverse circumstances can loom large, threatening our sense of peace and security. Then, we can begin to fret, worry, panic. When you are in waiting mode, focus your eyes on the Lord.
Heed these amazing words from David, the man after God’s own heart:
Oh I love those words today. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. I need those words when FINE feels like “freaked out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.” I remember the day I took this photo at Many Glacier. I stood for at least two hours capturing different nuances of the light in the sky and reflections on the water as the sun was setting. Waiting for the Lord is like this. As we are “still before the Lord” we see different nuances of His character – His love, joy, compassion, strength – so much that we never saw before. And strangely enough, the circumstances aren’t quite so overwhelming as they were before. We begin to remember that God is at work, that our times are in His hands, and that He will accomplish what concerns us. He promises.
So today, in your waiting mode, be still before your Lord, and wait patiently for Him. His timing is perfect. You can count on Him.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: His Light For Your Path
- Order Custom Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Waiting for the glow at Many Glacier, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/15/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, ISO 100 f11.0 3 Bracketed EXP.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops Photoshoot at Glacier National Park, Montana.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.