Sometimes in our journey, the storm rages, the rain falls, and the wind blows hard. But if we find shelter, then we are protected from the elements.
The psalmist points out that we don’t just occasionally visit the shelter of God, but we must live in His shelter. Isaiah 4:6 shows us that a shelter gives us shade from the heat by day, and refuge and protection from the storm and the rain. When we live in God’s shelter, though the storm is powerful, we are protected. We need not be shaken or worried.
I remember this day walking through the forest in Glacier National Park and seeing this amazing tree with limbs reaching down toward the ground. And though it was raining and windy, standing under these branches, I was untouched by the elements. And it was quiet. Oh so quiet.
I believe the Lord is calling us to the stillness and quiet of His shelter. Our hearts need to be stilled and focused on our Lord. As the words of one hymn explains, “Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.”
May you experience His shelter today and be blessed.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: My Refuge
- Order Custom Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Sheltering tree on Avalanche Lake Trail, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 09/18/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, ISO 125 f11.0.
- Photoshoot: Bill Fortney’s His Light Workshops Photoshoot at Glacier National Park, Montana.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.