Reflections are so beautiful, especially when they mirror images in water that is still and clear. And oh, how true this is for us in our own lives. We are created to be reflections of the beauty and character of the Lord Jesus Christ. As John Flavel said so many years ago, “He is altogether lovely.” When our hearts are at rest in Him, and our lives seek to glorify Him, then He shines in and through us, touching a lost and hurting world. So how we become that kind of reflection that shows off the beauty of our Lord Jesus? We need to see Him clearly, look upon His beauty, gaze into His magnificent glory, in quiet moments throughout the day. John, the beloved disciple of Christ, said that “we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2 NIV). This is a powerful truth. Think about it. We will be like Jesus for we shall see him as he is. The greatest thing we can do in life is focus on, think about, and know Jesus. Who is He? What is He like? We need to draw near, fix our gaze on Him, and talk with Him in close and intimate communion throughout our days.
Paul explains this powerful truth of reflecting the Lord:
So today, dear friend, draw near to Jesus, and become a magnificent reflection of His beauty, loveliness, kindness and grace.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Surprise From Above
- Order Custom Prints @ myPhotoWalk — SmugMug.com
- Description: Sunrise reflections on the water in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 06/01/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, ISO 100, f9.0 3 Bracketed EXP.
- Photoshoot: Sunrise quiet time PhotoShoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.