Joy In The Morning
What will encourage you in the midst of a fiery trial?
You can know that your trial won’t last forever. God promises to carry you through it and gives you the hope of a new day. Mornings have a certain beauty even after a day of fiery trial. “Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning” (Psalm 30:5 HCSB).
Jesus loved the mornings.
Last week, a wildfire swept through the mountains near the Coachella Valley in California where we live. I love those mountains and I have written more than one book during times I’ve spent in cabin writing retreats there. After the Idyllwild, CA, fires witnessed in the valley sky during the hot summer days, I knew the early sunrise would be unusual because of the ash in the clouds, so I went out to my favorite place and shot some photos.
The sun, as it comes up over the mountains, brings light into every cloud, especially clouds that come after the fire. And so it is, as the Son of God, the Lord Jesus, shines His light in your life, in your heart, in your soul, the clouds in your life will seem different. Though they are still there, you are somehow able to walk through and above them, hand-in-hand, with your Lord, as He leads you on in the journey He has marked out for you.
So treasure the mornings, realizing that with the sunrise comes a new day. And know, beyond a doubt, that times of refreshing will come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19).
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Light Through The Clouds
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Sunrise glow through ash filled clouds after a mountain fire near Palm Desert, CA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/28/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm lens
- Photoshoot: Vantage point shot toward Mount San Jacinto from Palm Desert, CA desert floor.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Nik Software
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.